Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
civic lol
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will i lose signifigant power if i have turbo pistons instead of stock pistons on a NA engine?..i have the nippon racing turbo vitaras 75.5mm on stock zc nonvtec rods and block ...will it mess up my engine?im dropping the engine tomoro can i leave it NA or do i need the turbo to not mess up the engine

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
it wont mess anything up. most people break in the motor n/a then boost. now are you planning on boosting in future or is the motor going to stay n/a?

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Ya you'll have shit for power right off the bat. Are you using a stock ecu with this for now? I'd use the stock injectors too that way you can retain the stock configuration. Are you using a aftermarket cam? The more we know the easier it will be to answer.

·
Registered
civic lol
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stock z6 cam , aem cam gear, rc 450cc injectors everything else is stock besides pistons...around how much power will i b pushing?

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
Ya you'll have shit for power right off the bat. Are you using a stock ecu with this for now? I'd use the stock injectors too that way you can retain the stock configuration. Are you using a aftermarket cam? The more we know the easier it will be to answer.
the power drop wont be noticable for daily driving. i kno this bc i ran a z1 block with a y8 head and the cr was 8-8.5 ish and as a daily it felt the same as my a6 did. again that was as a daily driver...

·
Registered
civic lol
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the power drop wont be noticable for daily driving. i kno this bc i ran a z1 block with a y8 head and the cr was 8-8.5 ish and as a daily it felt the same as my a6 did. again that was as a daily driver...
omg thx bro i thought this thread was dead till nex week lol i only got tomoro and monday to finish engine install lol...i thought i was gonna have like 100hp or less .. thx.. its my daily driver 2

·
Registered
civic lol
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey how did your gas mileage look with such a low compression? Im in the process of figuring out why im getting 19 mpg...

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
You'll likely want to get a wideband and monitor your AFRs. Lowering the compression and keeping the stock ECU will likely make it run too rich most of the time. If things get too rich, the extra fuel can prevent the rings from seating correctly.

It's mostly just trying to balance spending money versus making sure the engine breaks in correctly.

·
Registered
civic lol
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
actually my ecu is a chipped P06 to vtec...and ive driving around 2000 miles break in already...im trying to rule out anything else thts causing this horrible mileage...might a bad break in cause this?

·
Registered
civic lol
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sorry lol i have the factory ones installed plus i hav factory cam gear also installed...postponed injectors till turbo :)... only thing that is not stock in my a6/z6 combo is turbo pistons , intake and 4-2-1 headers and resonator that has a piece of metal floating around in there lol

·
Registered
100 Posts
Your mileage problem could just be slightly retarded timing and a drop in compression with the vitaras. IF thats what it is then a tune woud solve the issue

1 - 20 of 25 Posts