Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I know there is a lot of people who have they're own opinions about what to do and I'd like to hear them.

I have a 2000 civic ex 95,xxx miles never drove in the winter love the car I've only had one problem it was the dizzy. The current mods on the car are skunk2 adjustable springs, bloxs camber kit front and rear, bloxs rear control arms. Competition Stage 2 clutch, ULW flywheel along with header, full exhaust.

Right now i have a complete turbo kit from my dads race shop everthing is there except a tuned ecu, fuel pump and injectors. I want to turbo this car but idk what the power it will build by bolting this on and if the motor can with stand it. Im not afraid of any of this work except idk how reliable it will be on a stock motor and im not the person to half ass it but i dont have the kinda of money to build the motor and turbo it...

My second option is to go throw fj distributors and order the high compression rebuild kit with the pm3 pistons not p29s. Also in the all motor build i plan on milling the head .10 and going with valves, valve springs and retainers with a delta 282 cam. And other possinble parts.

Hit me with what you got....please and thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I did a complete rebuild on my b18c with ctr .20 over pistons for a b16. If i were to build the motor should i go with the 75.5 mm pistons or stay with factory size bore??

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
Its kind of counter productive to say you dont have the money to turbo and build your motor....when
1) you already have the turbo kit
2) you are looking at going all motor and you say you are going to build the motor anyways (pistons, cam, valvetrain)....

see what I mean? save your money you will waste trying to get any power out of N/A. spend that on completing the turbo set up/ bottom end mods.

THe only thing not in the HC build that you would need for boost is some Forged rods.... change the PM3's for some vitara pistons, and you have a build (depending on turbo, injectors, clutch etc...) good for 500whp...

http://www.d-series.org/forums/forced-induction/102717-read-if-your-thinking-going-turbo.html

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
Also I did a complete rebuild on my b18c with ctr .20 over pistons for a b16. If i were to build the motor should i go with the 75.5 mm pistons or stay with factory size bore??
75.5 but you should look at a calc 1st. Compression will be really high and your piston to valve will be really close. Personally id go with JDM iTR pistons or JDM b16.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
You have a turbo kit. You need the ECU and other junk for a built NA engine. It's not too much more to get the rest of the stuff. You'll never be satisfied with NA power, unless you ditch the D and go big (like F-series big).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I see how I'm countering myself, I doubt ill be happy with the power out of the NA build compared to a turbo unless I unless put a B series in it. But it'd still be more power then stock...anyways. The part of going turbo is that I have been searching and looking on the forums but idk what to do about a tune then if I go turbo. I actually already have a 255 fuel pump. So i just need the tune and injetors thats one of the reasons I havent moved on is because I'm more fimiliar with the all motor builds since ive done it a couple times on a b series.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
youll need a tune if you go n/a as well, just keep that in mind...
the other members advice here is on point about n/a cost to power achieved
order some vitara pistons and FJ rods
get bigger injectors
throw the turbo kit on
convert to obd1
tune

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
youll need a tune if you go n/a as well, just keep that in mind...
the other members advice here is on point about n/a cost to power achieved
order some vitara pistons and FJ rods
get bigger injectors
throw the turbo kit on
convert to obd1
tune
Yeah I planned on a tune also for n/a...I just don't have any idea who to go through i looked at xencron and pheriable.net. Okay so the vitara pistons and fj rods should I stick with the stock bore or go to the 75.5 bore ones?

·
Registered
same as above
861 Posts
i would say that in a street car, a 5th gen is the newest i would go with n/a if i wanted it to be fun. my 2000 lx and the 97 ex i had are both balls slow and imo need the built n/a d level of power just to not aggravate me. i have never been in a built n/a 6th gen, but im going off the "i wish this car had like 40 more hp" feeling i get every time i step on the gas. not to mention the torque. i vote turbo for any d-powered honda after 95.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Complete the turbo kit. Boost it in stock condition. Buy another motor and build it on the side for more boost...cuz as everyone knows boost is like crack, you'll want more!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts