Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of doing a minime set up on my 95 civic, but i was wondering about turbo on a minime, what would the side effects be do to the high compresion, i know turbo and high compresion really make a good match, i know it i want to add a turbo i would have to get new rods and pistons, but i was just wondering what might happen do to the high compresion. oh yeah its gonna be a d15b7 block with a d16z6 head.

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
Read The turbo noob posts please...
Research your topic...becasue chas or makku will burn your ass for askin stupid questions...
Yes hi C/R is good with boost! but you have determine what you want to do...drag/street/topspeed
You will run low boost with ungodlike fuel management, and know WTF your doing with uberdata, or turboedit...

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rotory20 said:
Read The turbo noob posts please...
Research your topic...becasue chas or makku will burn your ass for askin stupid questions...
Yes hi C/R is good with boost! but you have determine what you want to do...drag/street/topspeed
You will run low boost with ungodlike fuel management, and know WTF your doing with uberdata, or turboedit...
Yeah He Has a Very Good Point We arent trying to be mean Bro But This topic Has been Posted alot... Please Do a Little Research Man Theres Tons of Information Here The More you Read the Smarter you Get... But for me Reading makes me Dumb...

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok yeah im new to this, and read the write up on turbo, but i was confused becasue i read a write up on minime and one of the links lead to a place were it said high compression does not make a trubo friendly engine. so i was trying to get it cleared up.

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
ideal compression is around 9:1. some run low like 8.5:1, some run high, like 10:1. i believe slammedcivy is running around that type of compression. it's not so much suggested to run something like 11:1 because of the fear of detonation, and your tuning has to be perfect.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i ran a a6/d15b head in a crx with apexi kit and LOVED IT, ran uberdata, just make sure you tune and you'll be fine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts