1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
121 Posts
All i can honestly say, i that you will get what you pay for. Ebay isnt the best answer, but id at least sit back and wait for something really good to pop up for about the same price.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
ching chang meow turbos inc.

I'd buy a real garrett t3/t4 from blaast for 500 instead of going through a few ching chang meows

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am asian, we make good products, americans are just rough.

No I'm joking, I'm japanese our shit is right, chinese people make knockoffs.

I don't have the 500 to spend on a turbo, if this one messes up I can rebuild it with garrett bearings and such and it will basically be the same thing right?

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
I dunno if its parts compatible with garrett rebuild kits, maybe someone who has a ching chang meow can chime in?

personally, I'm getting a T3 .42/.48 pulled from a volvo

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ching chang meow turbos have bigger wheels, .50 and .63 what size should I get for a D series that is a T3/T4 turbo? Will smaller wheels help the lag that my old turbo had? When my original chinchameow was working it was full boost at around 5,000-6,000rpm

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
For the price I say go for it. If it shits out then you have to rebuild it and you will probably still end up spending less money than a "real turbo". And if it works then you saved a shit ton of money. It's more of a risk and also more hassle to do it this way but IMO it's worth the risk.

·
Registered
28 Posts
yea get it why not, it will probably work great and you will be happy because you got a nice turbo and you spent 140 bucks lol

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Research says it's a 50/50 toss up really. Some good, some bad...my friend in town here has had the same one for 40k miles and just recently sent it in to be "Garrettized".

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
If your looking to get that snail for cheaper let me know I have the same exact one brand new in the box from the same seller on ebay. I emailed the guy about the 3in s-pipe from the filter to cold side of turbo that was pictured as a kit with this turbo i wanted to know if he sold it seperetly. He says he does tells me its $28 shipped and comes with 2 connectors and 4 clamps. So i pay him he sends it i get this big fucken box i open it its the spipe connectors and clamps and he sent me the turbo by mistake and never asked about 3 months later and still nothing. I got no use for it you want it let me know I'll send ya some pics.

EDIT: Sorry i think i sold.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
At least you'll be able to get your car back on the road, but I'd start preping to replace that turbo already. Depending what your old turbo is just get it rebuilt.

·
11,892 Posts

·
11,892 Posts
i just tore the bearings up in my turbo on my d15b7 and am replacing the entire turbo instead of rebuilding it[/QUOTE] Rebuild kits are like $70 on ebay. Here's a link on how to rebuild a turbo: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1397101&postid=17974047

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Blaast can rebuild china turbo's if you want to go that route on yours that blew.I think it was maybe 250 for all garrett internals.

Anyways I have the exact ebay turbo on my car now,I bought it used and it still runs no problem,with a couple thousand miles on my setup. I have a garrett backup though if/when the time comes.If you do run that turbo get an oil restrictor and make sure your lines aren't kinked.

·
Registered
429 Posts
sorry i just want to ask about turbo on ebay..coz this topic relate

what about turbo kits on ebay ? what turbo t3/t4 they use,imean their brand ?
is it a good quality and performance ? which better with custom turbo

·
11,892 Posts
sorry i just want to ask about turbo on ebay..coz this topic relate

what about turbo kits on ebay ? what turbo t3/t4 they use,imean their brand ?
is it a good quality and performance ? which better with custom turbo
*shakes head*

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,014 Posts
Chinese turbos are soo hit and miss.
the best way to go would be to find a used turbo at a junkyard, then send it to a professional; someone who has a reputation and gives a warranty to have it rebuilt a rebalanced.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts