Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just driving along the other day and i was ridin in 3rd and i noticed when i tried to make boost i noticed a wierd humming sound i havent ever heard anything like it. well i hopped on the interstate and i was in 5th and i put it to the floor and i noticed i wasnt making any boost , it wouldnt go past 0, so i figured my turbo was shot, well 10 minutes later it starts making boost again? i looked in the inlet and saw that the turbine had actully hit the compressor housing cause i saw where it made a ring around it. is that the noise i heard ?? this turbo is a old saab t3 garrett , but it has worked pretty good for a year but it was already smoking a little too??

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
mrcivichybrid said:
i was just driving along the other day and i was ridin in 3rd and i noticed when i tried to make boost i noticed a wierd humming sound i havent ever heard anything like it. well i hopped on the interstate and i was in 5th and i put it to the floor and i noticed i wasnt making any boost , it wouldnt go past 0, so i figured my turbo was shot, well 10 minutes later it starts making boost again? i looked in the inlet and saw that the turbine had actully hit the compressor housing cause i saw where it made a ring around it. is that the noise i heard ?? this turbo is a old saab t3 garrett , but it has worked pretty good for a year but it was already smoking a little too??
rebuild or replace now before it causes damage to your engine,also change your oil and check it for metal shavings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts