Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
D-Series O.G.
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know what companys make strong motor mounts? What kind of hp can they take? I have also heard about engine dampers? are they worth it? I could see why they are but if your motors doesn't move then I don't see the point of having one. I am building an engine that should be producing around 300whp. If my 200 hp engine kept breaking stock parts. I need advice on what good upgrades are out there. I have thought about cryo-treating the tranny. Some people say its worth the $450. Some disagree. Please give me your opinions.

·
Registered
934 Posts
thesqad127 said:
does hasport make d series motor mounts?
Nope. They dont.

Has your car been in an accident? If you keep breaking mounts it sounds like you might have a slightly tweaked chasis. There are plenty of cars in the forum that run close or even over 200whp and dont break mounts. I would look into it before spending money if thats the case.

·
D-series wise guy
2,858 Posts
Apex001 said:
Nope. They dont.
Actually they do :) You can buy a full set or individual mounts. I've been considering their rear mount.

http://www.hasport.com/Products/Mount%20Kits/Mount%20EKSTK.htm

As for why you keep breaking stuff... My first guess would be that you have too much clutch for your current setup. The clutch needs to be the weakest link in the system unless of course you like breaking axles, mounts and eventually the tranny. Ideally you want the weakest clutch that will handle your hp.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
With ANY high hp engine you do NOT want your engine to move. Stiff, solid mounts or inserts should take care of most of your problems. Ever looked at a car either big block chevy or 4 banger set up for drag racing? Yeah they are usualy bolted directly to the frame. No "mounts" per say. Nadda just solid steel or thick aluminum bolted to the engine and the chassis. I broke 2 trannies and snapped an axle until I bought a Quaife LSD and inserts. Sure the idle is ass and vibrates like a bitch but you cant have your cake and eat it too.

Things to look for to reduce the chances of breaking shit:

Mounts
Engine alignment
Ball joint wear
Tie rod ends
Diff...very important. Think of it this way. If you get tracktion to ONE wheel then ALL of your hp is unloading on that one single wheel. If you are making 200whp and using a stock diff, suppose all that power unleashes on one single wheel. Thats equal to a 400 hp engine with an LSD (equal power to both wheels) Your stock axle just cant handle that abuse period. It may but sooner or later it will let loose.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
I've exploded a few stock trannys, but never a axle or a mount.

I think someone has a axlehop issue and doesn't know when to back out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts