Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this guy i met at the local "racer" hangout has a b16 tubeular turbo mani. that he will sell me for 100 but i have a d15b7 is the bolt pattern different on a d15 to a b16 would this mani fit on my car because im trying to piece togeher a kit thaks for the help in advance

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thankx would u run a fmu or an afc cause those to are wat i want to try just to get a general idea for boost and how everything works from a personal experience plus i will be saving for a d16 so ill just spend them money on a real tune wen i get my new motor

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but if i get the fmu its cheaper but scince i hav a d15 i think i should atleast get some 310 or 350cc injectors to run with it cause i hear the d15 has like only 250 or 280 injectors but do u guys think a 255 fuel pump is nessary until iget my new motor

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
4DRsedan said:
ok thankx would u run a fmu or an afc cause those to are wat i want to try just to get a general idea for boost and how everything works from a personal experience plus i will be saving for a d16 so ill just spend them money on a real tune wen i get my new motor
do you plan on vetec with the d16 or not vtec,....
afc for vtec
safc for non-vtec

I also have a safc with a b7,but I'm putting on a z6 block...
I have the 5 knob safc with a-soon wideband & so on...

I wouldn't run the fmu cause its constant fuel pressure-not good....
& I wouldn't run the afc because it advances timing which isn't good for turbo
turboedit...uberdata...chrome..hondata,,
everybody will say thats the best way to go ....I agree,
but the 5-knob safc will not advance timing,it just adds fuel,
so thats why I went with it,
but if its a choice between afc or fmu...I say afc.
Gl

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so lets say afc with 440's a 255 pump would i need to throw in a resistor box and what do i do with the timing?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
4DRsedan said:
but if i get the fmu its cheaper but scince i hav a d15 i think i should atleast get some 310 or 350cc injectors to run with it cause i hear the d15 has like only 250 or 280 injectors but do u guys think a 255 fuel pump is nessary until iget my new motor
you don't need bigger injectors with a fmu,
but you do with a afc/safc

also on the fuel pump,get a 190 walbro,it sounds good enough for your setup unless you plan on upgrading later,then I wouldn't go with the fmu....& I would get a 255...

alot of talkin...trying to keep up.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
4DRsedan said:
ok so lets say afc with 440's a 255 pump would i need to throw in a resistor box and what do i do with the timing?
ok,get you some 440's or 450's injectors,whichever they will both work fine.

safc will work good also,
(keep in mind that ppl will jump on recommending you go turboedit/uberdata/chrome.)

you will need to get a resistor box or them little ohm resistors at radio shack(I recommend)-cheaper

and for timing...I'm getting a msd btm to retard timing...not the best bet,but it'll work for my setup & others..

(part # 5462..... msd btm)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i plan on gettin this build to be just like a wekend race car with the d16 vtec and just get like pos for a dd so i guess i should get a 255 wat bout those resistors do i need 'em

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
4DRsedan said:
ive heard of turning the distributor back a couple of degrees will that work?

ok.1st off....(not to be mean)
but you can edit your post,you don't need to post 3 times in a roll,

255 walbro will be good....go for it!

ohm resistors:
they go on the wires on your fuel injectors,
heres a write up:
http://www.homemadeturbo.com/tech_projects/dsm_injectors/index.html

& on your dizzy....
that won't work,you need somthing that can seriously retard timing,
it cost to boost,
go with the msd btm,their only 180.00 on ebay,some places cheaper....

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok sry but thanx for the help how does the msd btm work as in like install and knowing how much to retard the timing

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
4DRsedan said:
ok sry but thanx for the help how does the msd btm work as in like install and knowing how much to retard the timing
thats where I'm at now...
(msd btm comes with install instructions)
I have done some reading up on it,
& believe that its 1 degree retard for every pound of boost.
-correct me if im wrong..
(-but it goes up to 3 degrees per pound of boost)
but like 0.5 is at the peak (when your racing) for your best time...a/f fuel...
its hard to explain,but it takes reading up on it...& time.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok thanks but how would i get the afc to be rich at first so i can start my car to road tune so i wont blow my engine wen i start my car or will it be fine as long as my car isnt boosting wen i start it up for the first time?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
4DRsedan said:
ok thanks but how would i get the afc to be rich at first so i can start my car to road tune so i wont blow my engine wen i start my car or will it be fine as long as my car isnt boosting wen i start it up for the first time?
theres a write up..I was trying to look for it,I can't find it,
it was written by some member...shows a basic way you can set your afc up when you first start your car...I'll keep lookin & post it when I find it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts