Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
tubular manifolds are nice for bling,but suck when it really heats up. down pipe could be decent just exhaust piping won't make or break your setup as long as the welds are good.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i was checking out the welds and they seem fine in pictures, so i think i might venture onto it. would they have a better flow then a log style?

·
Registered
636 Posts
listen to the people who know there has not been anyone i dont think that have used that manifold and survived search the F/I forum and look for the disaster picks they use thin wall steel

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
yea i was checking out the welds and they seem fine in pictures, so i think i might venture onto it. would they have a better flow then a log style?
logs are best for durability, because they stand up to heat better. tubular are notorious for cracking especially with some of those overdone designs. remember a turbo is pretty solid with weight, then piping, and wastegate,and it''s under pressure high heat vibration from driving puts a lot of work on a manifolg log #1. ask around or search better yet you ask a lot of questions like that you will get flamed for not searching first.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
i have seen that manifold in person (it was on a ls/vtec), it cracked in four different places. the pipes are almost touching, and in these areas where the cracks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts