Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what cheap manifold would give me block clearence and room to run everything in a ef with etd crossmember?? this is the turbo, not exactly sure what it is..i know its a 60 series....thanks

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my friend had it on a gsr with a blox mani...he had to shave the block some....im trying to figure out if it would even be worth it on the d-series...its either this or im gonna stick with the small 16g on my vitara/eagle build...im not trying to buy another turbo, i have this one for my future gsr build....i already have the turbo manifold and 16g....i was gonna try to make 300whp with the 16g and if i can get there i should be pretty happy....idk, i might want more and i have this turbonetics sitting in my closet...i have another question, do you guys run blockguards with 300-350 wheel horsepower?...thanks for the replys

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
The blox manifold on b-series are known for shaving the web on the block. I'm pretty sure it'll be the same for any cast d-series manifold too. Especially with that 4 inch inlet .70 ar compressor housing. You might get away if it if you turn the turbo compressor housing to the driver side though. But no block guard. Stock sleeve here. Shooting for 400+ HP.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The blox manifold on b-series are known for shaving the web on the block. I'm pretty sure it'll be the same for any cast d-series manifold too. Especially with that 4 inch inlet .70 ar compressor housing. You might get away if it if you turn the turbo compressor housing to the driver side though. But no block guard. Stock sleeve here. Shooting for 400+ HP.

thanks for the reply....i just don't wanna buy a manifold and have to send it back...lol

·
Registered
362 Posts
you can make 300 whp on a big 16g. there's a member here with a built z6 runnin 20 lbs on a big 16g and he is right at 300, and i think it's with 450 cc injectors too. IMHO, i would stick with the big 16g.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
ask and yee shall receive...

you can make 300 whp on a big 16g. there's a member here with a built z6 runnin 20 lbs on a big 16g and he is right at 300, and i think it's with 450 cc injectors too. IMHO, i would stick with the big 16g.
who is the guy running a big 16g? I've got a big 16g and i'm looking for other d16's running the big 16g.
SN: Boosted91
D16Z6 swap 300 WHP 260 TQ @ 20 PSI w/ big 16g

http://www.d-series.org/forums/member.php?u=23153

i got a small 16g...i hoping it can get there too...
your going to have to turn the boost knob a bit more then you would with the big 16g. there is a list in the stickies with the cfm ratings of those turbos at 15 psi, but that doesn't really mater. since, iirc, you would be out of the efficiency range of that turbo when going past 20 psi.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im gonna do all i can do...i only got 450's, im gonna bump the fuel pressure some and try it on the 16g i suppose...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts