Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets say i bought this turbo.... what manifold would i need to get to fit it d16y8http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T3-T4-T04E-Turbocharger-63-A-R-Turbo-Eclipse-carriers_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ012QQitemZ220144727565QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Link doesn't work.

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
yes, going by that "T3-T4-T04E-Turbocharger-63-A-R-" I'
d guess it is just a T3 flanged manifold. We have logs and mini rams in stock :TU:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone point me in the right direction in what to buy turbo/ manifold wise and everything else for a d16y8 i havent boughten anything yet any help is appreciated and for cheap too no cheap quality i will pay good for good product

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,014 Posts
if you want a good quality manifold, its more than likely not going to be cheap.
the hf manifold is probably the best bang for your buck. but since it has to used an adapter place its just another possible spot for a leak. people have been using hf manifold for civic turbo setups forever.
the next best "cheap" manifold would probably be a log manifold. not the best designed manifold but its cheap and works just fine.
next thing youre going to need is a downpipe to match the manifold and turbo that you selected. if you have reasonable cutting, fabricating, and welding skills then you can probably make one yourself with a little RESEARCH.
otherwise you can buy one from someone that sells them as a matching pair HINT HINT http://www.go-autoworks.com/store.html

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Yeah, Autoworks make sick manifold. I think he sell them in a turbo kit too. But don't expect to be cheap for good quality stuff. Unless you have mad hook up.

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
drunkinmaster1, vtec bomber, thanks :TU:

The turbo he is looking at is the basic 57 trim you find all over ebay (you can just pull the item # out of the text).
I can do a log or mini ram at a very good price for you if you are interested. Both with T3 flanges and 38mm wg flanges.
The only problem (as far as physically mounting goes) with thoseturbos is that the 5 bolt housing on them actually sits a little different than the 5 bolt Garrett/Precision/Turbonetics flanges. It is at a bit more of an angle. Same flange but the housing is cocked a little more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts