Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
sweet article and glad to see one of our own getting some recognition in the Sport Compact world. Sweet car you have and glad to see it staying in the family

my only gripe is the cheap shot on domestic towards the end.We're all gear heads here and we should stick together instead of alienating each other.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Don't worry, we respect any ones car for the work they put into it.

Thanks,
Didn't think it was necessarily you, i was talking about the magazine. Car looks amazing and sounds like a true fucking beast too. good to see some D in the mags. sick of seeing a nice civic in a mag only to see right off the bat it has a K, H or B.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had to go back and read the last line.

There may be a rear wheel drive car the future. Hind sight being 20/20

Dragsters are much easier to work on.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
neat, but you rip on the D-trans too much

But power production is only part of the recipe of a winning drag car. Power must be consistently delegated to the wheels to put it in fastest possible motion and, to this extent, Ryan was sure to reinforce his EG's most well-documented weak point, the driveline. "D-series trannies just don't cut it," he explains. "They can't hold the power, and the shift for sh*t." A D- to B-series swap kit allows for the use of a GSR transmission, fortified with a Quaife limited-slip differential, QuarterMaster twin-disc clutch, and lightweight flywheel. Stage 5 axles from the Drive Shaft Shop effectively funnel all 586 whp to the 13-inch Weld Import Magnums and Mickey Thompson 24.5x8.5x13 slicks, which are held in place by lead-filled Full Race traction bars and a full Energy Suspension bushing kit.

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
How much did the tranny conversion form d to b cost ya?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1992si thats awesome man, I am going to look for that magazine! ^^^Are you going for 8's in the rwd?

Won't be doing RWD for a few years. The car is being changed to run Hot Rod next year. 2.0L, B18, the goal is to reset the class record, time will tell if we can do it.

The D2B cost about $5000. by the time it was complete, think about all the pieces involved, axle nut to axle nut.

I doubt you can find the magazine in the stores any more. You can buy back issues from them though.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, we've been building and changing the car since Ryan was 15y/o he's 21 now.

The chassis is on the frame table at NRGTech in Long Island NY. Ryan, (rota92) has a build thread on H-T in the drag racing forum. Pictures from NRG are on page 46 of that thread.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
i have that mag.. how much does that car weigh?? im sure not too much. the nrgtech's car is pretty nasty... seen it at etown the past event. what are you guys doing with the block? or are you guys using another chassis for the gsr?

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
i forget his name, but he was at my local track this past weekend watching me and a few other guys including brandon, my tuner, do some runs... i guess he is friends with nrgtech, and he has his car at temptest right now.. it put down 800hp on 28psi of boost on the b18.. he has a shaved head... im sure you know who im talking about.. he hasnt got his car out of temptest yet.. but anyway, he is a non believer of my car, and doesnt think the stock sleeves are gonna give me some 10sec runs before it goes boom

1 - 20 of 43 Posts