Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Civic Ex Coupe
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has used the Level 10 transmission? I am putting a turbo on my d16y8 making approx. 300whp and plan on doing the Level 10 Bulletproof Rebuild kit for my B4RA automatic transmission. I also plan on getting the Level 10 torque converter. Should hold up fine, just wondering if anyone had any experience/reviews. Thanks.

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
umm WTF are you talking about? I don't even know of a company that makes Bulletproof rebuild kits for honda autos.. so please enlighten us.

·
Premium Member
Red '95 EX
1,066 Posts
x2?

·
Premium Member
Red '95 EX
1,066 Posts
holy hell those are kits are pricey. everything is pricey matter of fact.....

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Thats pretty awesome

Dont underestimate autos, they are proven to be very consistent and effective in drag racing, and really compliment turbocharged power.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
ive seen plenty of auto supras and they scoot
Same here! I've personally seen numbers compared between two equally modified Supra's (one with manual, one with auto) the auto beat him hands down ever time!

But may, that's a CRAP ton to spend on a bunch of planet gears...

·
No Tune No Life!
99 Supercharge Regal
2,045 Posts
Same here! I've personally seen numbers compared between two equally modified Supra's (one with manual, one with auto) the auto beat him hands down ever time!

But may, that's a CRAP ton to spend on a bunch of planet gears...
hondas dont use plant gears.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
hondas dont use plant gears.
Figured I'd check myself. Turns out that for the Civic's I was talking about you're right, they use a "automatic" operated manual gear set.

But for the later 7th gen Civic's, they supposedly do use planet gears. Source.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts