Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHat are some cheap but decent turbo kits out there for D-series or what are some good custom turbo kits?

W

·
0 Posts
/\ custom kits are whaever you want there is no basic customs kit thats why its called customs, retail kits greddy $1200

·
Registered
280 Posts
there is no such thing as a cheap decent kit. if its a decent kit its expensive. cheap and much more than decent if you piece it together yourself.

matt

·
Registered
587 Posts
Pick up the feb 2006 issue of SCC they've got lots of good info on do it your self turbo kits, it should give you an idea. Or you can search this site i'm sure there is tons of info.

W

·
0 Posts
96_civ said:
there is no such thing as a cheap decent kit. if its a decent kit its expensive. cheap and much more than decent if you piece it together yourself.

matt
so the greddy kit isn't decent.

·
Registered
280 Posts
its not decent AND cheap. well i guess cheap in comparrison to other kits. but not cheap compared to what you can piece together for the same amount of money or less.

matt

W

·
0 Posts
/\ have you used the kit before it can make up to 200 hp that sounds decent to me. but im done arguing rookie

·
Registered
784 Posts
The $1200 version of the greddy kit can not support 200hp safely. Its missing fuel/ignition management, intercooler, and BOV. Not to mention the Greddy DP is weaksauce at 2". Its not a terrible kit, but there are better options available.

The best thing you can do is find someone that you trust to help you piece together parts. If they are local they might be able to also help put things together. Otherwise host a turbokit install for locals. Offer food and drink. Its a great way to get stuff done.

·
Registered
280 Posts
whatthehell1051 said:
/\ have you used the kit before it can make up to 200 hp that sounds decent to me. but im done arguing rookie

thats after payin 1200, then buyin ic, bov, fuel management.

im not at all sayin its a bad kit. i heard a guy actually made 300whp using most of the greddy kit. im just sayin for the price you could get better for less. and i dont think anyone will argue with that, that is all i was sayin from the beginning.

matt

W

·
0 Posts
/\ agreed and if someone has no idea how to build one they should go that route but, if they have knowledge they should build one.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
bigwig said:
Otherwise host a turbokit install for locals. Offer food and drink. Its a great way to get stuff done.
if someone local to me was offering, id be down in a heartbeat!! shit to get me there you probably dont even have to offer that :smile:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm running the edelbrock open track kit on my car, I was really happy with how complete it was, all I did was buy injectors and a chipped ECU and it runs/drives like stock out of boost. Turbonetics/Spearco FMIC, Tial BOV, Ball-bearing t28 turbo, mandrel bent pipes, etc. Really nice fit/finish on all the pipes, turbo and manifold come pre-assembled, just bolt it on, only annoying/difficult part was tapping the oil pan for the return line. But it was like $2600 bucks before the management/injectors and I still havent put it on a dyno for fine-tuning yet. So I guess its one of those get what you pay for things with the kits, unless you do a junkyard boost build, which is really cheap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts