Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying this turbo kit and I was wondering what else I would need. FMIC and a wastegate? Anything else?
Also I have read a lot of stuff about the ssautochrome mani's breaking. Is this with the old design or the new?
Not really familiar with turbos but this seems like a good deal.
Or is it a deal that is to good and I would end up regreting?
Also with an external wategate, is there a need for a boost controller?
Thanks for the help and I really appreciate any information on this kit.
Sorry to ask a million questions but I just don't want to buy something and end up regretting it in the future.
Here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7957617689&category=33742

·
Registered
518 Posts
im not gonna recomend that kit, the manifold is supposed to be horrible and the turbo has acctually been known to have problems
it is a good price though and maybe even worth it, this is not stuff ive personally seen but wut ppl have told me

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know what you mean. I don't know anyone that has dealt with them but I have read some things on here. I want to go turbo and I was gonna hold out for the edelbrock kit. I was just wondering if this was any good because it seems like a good deal to me.
Thanks for the info.

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
i believe fmirdc (sp?) racer had a buddy who put the kit on. IMO don't do it. ssautochrome is not a good buy. cheap quality control, cheap make, and cheap price. that's a very deadly combination. you can get a used greddy kit for about 1200 or less and get quality and power. otherwise, you could go the homemade route and save yourself some real money.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
just wait and save a few extra bucks for something better.. some people have no problems but some do.. get something of better quality the first time... it will be cheaper in the long run..

·
Registered
518 Posts
theres a couple of turbo kits for sale on this site for about the same price
i know i can usally get a used GReddy kit for about 900 bux or so around here but im more of the homemade setup type of guy

·
Registered
369 Posts
shit for 900 for a used kit. Whos selling and will they fit a 98 ex.. Also is it everything i need for the most part. if so i'm down to buy now! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts