Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a rattle under the car on start up for a day,then a little longer for about another day so since I'm on vacation I went to my buddies muffler shop to see wtf was up turns out the cat was toast.Seems that since we turbo'd the car the extra fuel tends to eat them so I guess its time for a test pipe.Its always something!!!!It failed the emissions anal probe so we had to "adjust" some things the guy that tested it said he had never seen an a/f meter in a car before and we had to hide the romulator while it got probed its amazing how few emissions are put out at 16.8-17.0 afr even with a dead cat.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah fooled with the idle,timing and af then about 5min after the test clickity click on the lap top and its full boost ahead.The car was making 3psi at 2750 rpm gt28r spools early I guess

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
lol, i think i was w/very1 else... i thought an animal got kill'd

even as i was reading i was all amp'd 2 here a good story...

·
11,892 Posts
lol, i think i was w/very1 else... i thought an animal got kill'd

even as i was reading i was all amp'd 2 here a good story...

I was too, and I have two cats.

Terblow kittah sez: Meaowwwarghgfjsgfgovuqehboignqoeinnmeqg............

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
My cat has went through shit and its still good. turbo charged. 240k or so on the cat. I'm sure the previous owner didnt replace it. though I dont know.

I did put seafoam in it literally. didnt do shit. didnt fuck it up ethier though.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
^^^^^^^ LMFAO

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I figured people would be looking for catburger pix when I posted the title don't turn me into PETA,but the cat would have to pretty dang small to get into my gt28r,maybe the gt55 on my brothers employers Supra would be a better fit

·
11,892 Posts
I figured people would be looking for catburger pix when I posted the title don't turn me into PETA,but the cat would have to pretty dang small to get into my gt28r,maybe the gt55 on my brothers employers Supra would be a better fit
kitty + turbo = one hot pussy

·
D-series WTF?!?!
3,674 Posts
BAhahahaha^^^ and the cat pic too oh by the way thanks for the false advertisement i though a horrible tragity occur shit u had me fo_Oled but oh well get it TUNED!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Good stuff. I was going to try to see if I could make a smog tune, so I wouldn’t have to take off any turbo parts, but I heard that leaning out the mixture causes your NOx (?) to go sky high, resulting in a fail anyway. However, your post gives me enough hope to at least make a few tries to figure something out.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All they test for here is hydrocarbon and carbon monoxide at idle and cruise,25 mph in 2nd gear, so tweaking is pretty basic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts