Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, is this a fact or a myth, if u run a intercooler.... you can push 2 more lbs of boost or so, so instead of me running 6lbs from the start I can really start at 8lbs with a nice intercooler setup..... of course using decent fuel management..... right or wrong?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
never heard that before but i know it will be safer to run more boost becasue the air will be cooler you could probablly do 14lbs on the greddy kit tuned really well.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont just mean on the greddy kit, I mean any turbo setup that includes a intercooler....

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
jimmyb34 said:
i think your misunderstanding what they are saying. from what iver ead the greddy kits do 8 psi instead of the stock 6 on their own due to the intercooler
That's the way I understood it too!

O

·
0 Posts
what the fmic allwos is the air temp charge is lowered because of the coolness of the fmic so this allwos you to run more boost with less change of detonation, BUT you still have to be tuned for the 8psi. you can't urn 8psi on a 6psi map and expect it to be perfect. It's jsut safer to run 8psi when you have a fmic. actually anything over 6psi shoudl be going through a fmioc or you chance overheating the air causing many thermal temp issues and detonation in the long run.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Theres a pressure drop when air goes thru the IC. Its like some of it is lost on the way to the intake manifold. So if you start with 8psi, but you end up with 6. However,a good IC will have a very small pressure drop.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
why would you not run an IC? you can get a DSM sidemount for like $50 so i dont see the point in not running one.

if you need an IC, i have a 1G DSM sidemount, and an audi front mount. the audi is kind of hard to work with, but i managed with my crx. if you need one hit me up, ill sell them pretty cheap

1 - 14 of 14 Posts