Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the deal guys,

I just bought a 99 civic ex and i am going to install a greddy turbo kit and i plan on running it at 6 psi or so. If i run the turbo at 6 psi will my engine be fine internally with the stock components. Also how will reliability stand? Second i will also be installing a intercooler with this kit, and using the greddy emanage.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
6lbs will be perfect with a front mount expecially bro, that is exactly what I am going to do, but I recommend things like a turbo timer and be sure to change the plugs to 2 steps colder.... good luck

·
I
3,984 Posts
6psi is safe to run with stock internals..

read up in the Forced Induction threads to find answers to your questions.. also, check out www.turbod16.com obviously it is dedicated to d16's running boost.. tons of boosted-D "nerds" on there..

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
jsut make sure you have good fuel management, emanage does a good job from what ive heard, so thats what Im gonna use as well!

O

·
0 Posts
since you have the fmic and bov, with a pro tunning on a dyno you can have the shop tune your car to run 10psi safley and run 200+wheel power all day long w/o any issues.

you want to run 2step colder than stock plugs and install a adjustable fpr and set it to like 42psi from the stocker 38psi but that's about it.

O

·
0 Posts
NGK recommends every 65-75 hp gain you go 1 step colder. if he goes 200+ he will be over the 100hp gain and thus will require 2 step colder. Also ona turbo car, 2 steps colder won't hurt him at all. It's sjut a little extra insruance, ad the prices are the same. There really isn;t any downside that I would see. He should gap his plugs to like .030 - .028

C

·
0 Posts
any difference between these 2?

NGK = ZFR6F-11 is a V 1 step colder then stock plug
NGK = ZFR6A-11 is a V 1 step colder then stock plug

sorry for hijacking the thread...my greddy 19t is on the way and i would just like u get them before anything bad happens...

do u think theyll carry them at the local pep boys or some sort of auto parts store? or are they pretty special?

O

·
0 Posts
BCPR7ES-11 is also 2 step colder than stockers. it's a PN that crosses over for the 96+ civic's but should work for any honda motor. I used to run those myself.

C

·
0 Posts
is it bad to run 2 steps colder when ur not over 100whp gain?

are autolites plugs any good?

·
Premium Member
18,607 Posts
momo98si said:
just wondering, how are the ngk IX Iridium plugs for turbo apps?
I don't know anyone who runs Iridium in their turbo car. Go with the ones on the turbo faq thread. I wouldn't go with the iridium... definately stay away from platnum, they melt in the motor!

C

·
0 Posts
oscarmayer said:
NGK recommends every 65-75 hp gain you go 1 step colder. if he goes 200+ he will be over the 100hp gain and thus will require 2 step colder. Also ona turbo car, 2 steps colder won't hurt him at all. It's sjut a little extra insruance, ad the prices are the same. There really isn;t any downside that I would see. He should gap his plugs to like .030 - .028
just came home with the ngk v power 1 step colder plugs...what should i gap those at? stock gap or same as the 2 steps?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts