Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got eveything installed and wanted to crank it up and let it idle
so i swapped in the chipped P28 w/ jumper harness I bought for my 98 hatch
swapped it in and turn the key first thing I notice was the fuel pump didnt engage hmm turns ove and wont crank

so I swap back to the P2E DX ecu and it cranks right up
of course there is absolutly no engine management so I shut it off and now IM wondering whats up?

why doesnt the fuel pump engage for that Neptune chipped P28?

faulty jumper harness?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
anything visible on the harness? happen to have a spare p28 to test with or a buddy willing to let you plug the conversion harness and ecu in to just do a start up test?

S

·
0 Posts
96-98 jumper harness is different from 99-00 for obd1 conversion.

obd2a = 96-98
obd2b = 99-00

the wiring is different

·
Banned
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what differences?

its still the stock DX motor just with boost

S

·
0 Posts
the p28 is for a sohc vtec set-up. however it can be chipped and reprogrammed to be ran with dohc vtec and dohc non vtec and sohc non vtec engines. if its stock, you will run into issues on a stock non vtec engine being a vtec computer but should still allow it to run

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
i think the only issues you'll see are vtec and iacv. you'll have to convert to a 2wire iacv. im not sure what'll happen when you cross 5.5k and the ecu tries to activate vtec

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Glad to hear you got it done, that sucks there is two different jumpers for those years..

·
Banned
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the downpipe has no O2 sensor bung (welding one in later this week)
so far the only CEL is from the O2 sensor being unplugged lol

I been searching about the IACV conversion this is kinda the first Ive heard about it

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
im pretty sure obd1 checks for a 2 wire. the stock dx has a 3 wire. i haven't experienced a 3wire with obd1 first hand since i did a y8 mini-me and converted to 2wire before i even boosted but from what others have said to me i believe you'll need to convert.

goodluck

·
Registered
847 Posts
he's talking about the iacv. the jumper harness is made for a civic ex. so to use it on a dx you need to move a couple wires on your dx harness at the ecu. and hopefully your using a y8 intake mani and throttle body. cuz if your not then there could be more problems with the conversion. i will try to go into more detail later, but i'm at work right now.

·
Banned
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well Im ordering the correct jumper harness today

so do I still have to rewire the IACV
and yes its a DX manifold FOR NOW

Im picking one up form a buddy in a couple weeks

·
Banned
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
So do you gusy think I need to get a Y8 manifold?
basically that will clear everything up or no?

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
You are going in the wrong direction. Your issue is with engine management, not IACV, O2 sensor or intake manifold.

With the p28 ecu and conversion harness, does your check engine light come on when you start the car?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts