Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.
i want to turbo my D16Z6...
im thinking either junkyard turbo kit?
or an ebay kit?
input is GREATLY appreciated!!!

could you give me pricing on a junkyard turbo kit? roughly speaking...
ebay kits go from like $500 to somewhere in the 3G range i believe?...thanks!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah but the junkyard turbo kit is the way i think i wanna go...?...i just need a price and possibly a parts list?...anyone with experience with a custom turbo kit have some info for me?...thanks.

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
you need to search. there are thousands of threads on junkyards turbos. go to homemadeturbo.com and decide from there what you wanna do

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I'd love to turbo my D16Y1 too but the dam kits are costly here in OZ

I wonder if anyone in the good old US would send me a kit :sadface:
are you talking about a bolt-on kit, or an HMT kit? If you have access to eBay and/or a good junk yard, you can build a HMT kit for under a grand...

·
Registered
Civic
185 Posts
are you talking about a bolt-on kit, or an HMT kit? If you have access to eBay and/or a good junk yard, you can build a HMT kit for under a grand...
I've had a few bad experiences using eBay for buying Overseas

Yeah, the more I read the more I think I could DIY but as you know reading and doing are quite different lol

I’m looking at getting the GReddy Kit and upgrading the Intercooler if I can find a reasonable price but there’s no chance here in Australia…

Even prices at Junk yards are quite high IMO

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'd love to turbo my D16Y1 too but the dam kits are costly here in OZ

I wonder if anyone in the good old US would send me a kit :sadface:
We ship to Australia, but you pay any customs / taxes / duties / shipping of course. We offer two kits for the D engines, check them out here...

Turbocharging Kits at Tuner Toys

We can also get the GReddy and Edelbrock kits. Just hit us up with an email at "[email protected]".

That said, I think there is a lot of value in building your own kit. You learn a lot and earn yourself a lot of self satisfaction. Plus there are a lot of us on here who will help you out, provided you put a commensurate amount of effort into it.

Get yourself a cheap engine stand and a blown-up D engine from the salvage yard. Then start mocking up your turbo kit in the garage on that blown-up engine. You'll learn how everything goes together, which will be very valuable when it comes time to install it on your car for real.

Craig

1 - 12 of 12 Posts