Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get a real cheap turbo from a r33 skyline. m24, 42 AR.. didnt find any infos about it. i want a compressor maaaap. Anyone knows more?

·
Registered
764 Posts
You will not find one specifically and there is a reason for it. Its a t28 turbo which basically is a t25 turbine (hotside) and a t3 compressor (coldside). They do it to increase response of the turbo without sacrificing flow. The comp map you are looking for is a t3 50 trim. You are looking at a safe HP range of 250.

Things to consider is the turbine on most is ceramic and not metal. They do this to lighten the weight up and increase spool even more. Problem is they can not handle psi past stock settings. They fail and its not a maybe, its a definite. The head is glued on to the shaft and the adhesive will not hold up.

The next issue is they can not be rebuilt with the ceramic shaft. If it needs rebuilt you will have to replace the turbine. They are good turbos, they are just problematic.

Now rep me fool!

·
Registered
764 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hm a friend want to sell me two of them from his r33...about 45.000 miles on stock motor each.. sounds problematic.. i wanted to let them rebuild, or rebuild them it myself with parts from g-pop.i he said they have little shaft play. i only want about 200 hp for course track racing, much more power would be hard to drive.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Let me reinerate myself. Its not that they can not be rebuilt. Its that they can not be balanced. The turbine head which is nothing more then a plastic can not be ground to reduce weight. It creates points of inclusion that can crack and the head will literally detonate. I have had it happen so know first hand it to be true.

Check them and make sure they are plastic. Some are and some are not. They are excellent little turbos, they are just limited to a safe hp range. You can buy a kit to swap the turbines out to full metal turbine and they are reasonably priced. If you could get the turbos for a fair price you could rebuild both and sell one and cover most of the cost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts