Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I was at a swap meet today and I saw what had to be the smallest turbo I've ever seen there, I asked the guy about it and he wasn't really to sure about it he said he thought it came off of a 3000gt but yet again he wasn't sure.

It was a super tiny turbo, if I had to guess it looked like both hot and cold side were about the size of one of those 99 cent Arizona cans, like this thing was tiny. I wish I grabbed a picture of it...hell I wish I grabbed the turbo just to use on a side project but a little late for that now.

I was doing a little research and did see that people will upgrade the 9b to a t25 or 14b and those are still very small turbos, so he very well could have been telling the truth. if anyone has any input it would be great to hear it

thanks

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
hey guys, I was at a swap meet today and I saw what had to be the smallest turbo I've ever seen there, I asked the guy about it and he wasn't really to sure about it he said he thought it came off of a 3000gt but yet again he wasn't sure.

It was a super tiny turbo, if I had to guess it looked like both hot and cold side were about the size of one of those 99 cent Arizona cans, like this thing was tiny. I wish I grabbed a picture of it...hell I wish I grabbed the turbo just to use on a side project but a little late for that now.

I was doing a little research and did see that people will upgrade the 9b to a t25 or 14b and those are still very small turbos, so he very well could have been telling the truth. if anyone has any input it would be great to hear it

thanks
Hmmm... not sure what to say. That would have been great if you had a photo! Did you find a pic on the web?

·
Registered
751 Posts
9B's came stock on 3000GTs and Stealths, they're VERY tiny and the next upgrades are commonly 13G/13T turbos.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
9B's came stock on 3000GTs and Stealths, they're VERY tiny and the next upgrades are commonly 13G/13T turbos.
correct!!!although 13t's still use the 9b housing just different internals. we upgraded my friends VR4 with them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts