Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this turbo, mani, and waistgate a while back from a friend of mine for doing some work to his car and it has been sitting around since. I know the mani (ssac ftl) is garbage and possibly so is the waistgate. What I am wondering about is the turbo. It is a schwitzer and other then that I know nothing about it. The hot side is a twin scroll t3 with a pretty good sized wheel and the cold size looks to be around t3 .48 size or so. Anyone know anything about these? Is it too big for a D? The numbers on the tag are pn: re16989 mod: 3lm-33 Its the green turbo in the pictures. The other one is a turbonetics t3/t04e .48/.57, too bad the compressor wheel is all chewed up.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Hot side looks big in comparison to the T3/T4 next to it. I'd assume that thing came off a tractor or contruction-type device or maybe a diesel rig. Possibly a .9x or 1.xx A/R.

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
for it to be a twin scroll i would think it would be larger then a .82ar, which IMO unless you have major head work, .82ar and larger will spool very late on a dseries and be pretty much pointless.

·
Registered
90 civic si
1,536 Posts
for it to be a twin scroll i would think it would be larger then a .82ar, which IMO unless you have major head work, .82ar and larger will spool very late on a dseries and be pretty much pointless.
agreed

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, guess I will sell this one to get the money to fix the turbonetics. It is the proper size and only needs a comp wheel.

·
Registered
82 Posts
How did you loose the compressor wheel.

I tried it several times. And it won't get loose.
It's necessary because i have to place some new seals

1 - 7 of 7 Posts