Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 2002 civic dx. all stock and i want to go turbo. i found some turbo kits on ebay but are those even good?? i also found a turbo kit on procivic.com but its like 2500!!! thats alot. can anyone give me some advice thanks!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
i like how all of us came in and introduced our selves and this guy just walks in and starts askin for info like he is important no i am just kidding i think the best idea is to build a kit and if you do an ebay kit they are not that bad just have every thing reinforced and re weld all of the welds and you will be good and dont try for anything over 200whp

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
really another 1 of these threads? this shit gets covered all the damn time EBAY kits suck ass. you can boost on stock internals as long as your motor passes a leak down and compression test. DO NOT EXCEED 10 lbs of boost or you will break something.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
first you need to determine if the engine is in healthy condition to boost. compression test and leak down stat!!!!!!.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
if you buy a kit dont cheap it out. for 2300 bucks autoworks has the best kit out there IMHO everything you need and its all been fitted so you know you wont have to hack shit up when you start the kit. i pieced my together i learned alot about boosting a car and had alot more headaches then if some1 bought a full kit.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Where do all these noobs come from. They always ask the same question, " I am uber cheap and want to waste my money on a e-gay kit; will it make my civic go really fast reliably and cheap?" Damn noob just buy it, waste your money then let us know that you wasted your money. Fast, cheap, and reliable pick two!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts