Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looking to upgrade my turbo setup and get in the 450-550whp range..I have a fully built d16z6 minus sleeves..looking for suggestions on a turbo with a good spool that will get me to the numbers i want.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Precision 6262 BB is perfect for that power range. Or a Turbonetics GTK-550. Not sure how many dollars you has, but pushing past 400-450 on stock sleeves removes all reliability. If you haven't already finished building your engine I would send the block (with pistons) to InlinePRO in Virginia and have some sleeves dropped in. Talk to Tom.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spoke with jeff on the reliability of the D16 on stock sleeves since he'll be tuning the car and he thinks 550 is about the max. A lot of guys are now swearing by this silver surfer turbo so it's raised my eyebrow.

vtec bomber..do you have a build thread/dyno?

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
I wouldn't take a SOHC block above about 425WHP or a DOHC D block about 450WHP. However, your tuner is the one ultimately responsible for the sleeves if you insist on trying for power levels that high without sleeving. Sleeving makes more power, too, just FYI.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
noted acid beaver..more than likely i'll stay in the low 400's I just want a better set up turbo/manifold wise.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I spoke with jeff on the reliability of the D16 on stock sleeves since he'll be tuning the car and he thinks 550 is about the max. A lot of guys are now swearing by this silver surfer turbo so it's raised my eyebrow.

vtec bomber..do you have a build thread/dyno?
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showcase/160186-505whp-349trq-d2b-minnesota.html

He's talking about my car. I love my 5857SP, I think its better than the 6262 and not as lagging if your power goal is around 400-500. I'm pretty sure I can get another 50whp out of it but I just stopped at 505whp. You'll love this turbo, I rev mine to 8500 and it doesn't fall out of boost each shift.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the dyno of your 5857 looks to be a bit late on the spool side of things. the numbers are great that you made, but I think i would sacrifice about 50hp to spool faster.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts