Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a turbo fitment problem the set up is d15b7 with a y7 head im useing the eBay cast iron exaust manifold with the wastegate in the center not off one of the runners. A friend of mine let me use his 60 63 a/r precision ball bearing for mock up and it fits perfect so he might lend it to me but we tried a eBay 50 63 and it dosent fit because of the compresser houseing hitting the block near the transmission. I was wondering if any body has the eBay turbo 60 63a/r because this is what I plan on running with this type of manifold if you could post up some pick that would be great here some pics of the precision on my car.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not turning it around keeping a/c Already have the 3" downpipe made up to keep it. I would have ground on the 50 trim but its not mine and I didnt have to on the Precision turbo at all just turn it a little and It didn't touch any where I even tried turning the 50 trim but it still hit the block

·
Registered
35 Posts
Turn the turbo around.
X2.. try putting the exhaust side toward ur tranny and see if ur fitment issure goes away. Also when i went from a ebay turbo to my precision. Useing the same manifold the pte turbo sat different in the engine bay. Might want to use the same turbo for mock up as your going to actualy use. Especialy if u havent made ur downpipe yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was talking to greg at go-autoworks and i had the same issue, if its a t04e housing then it will not work with a cast log manifold because you would have to grind way too much off of the block to fit it, I suggest talking to him and get a mani that works before grinding too much of the block. GL though

·
Registered
65 Posts
You could fab up a plate to go between the turbo and the manifold, and have it offset just enough to clear. Kind of a PITA but cheaper to do then a new manifold.

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
You'll also encounter a change in flange angle going from a PTE 5 bolt housing to an ebay turbo housing...same flange, slightly different angle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts