Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started a thread previously that began with a code for for the iacv. That I fixed and it progressed to something more. To take a look at the details of what has been done here is the thread link. forums/n00b-forum/296177-another-code

Basically the car is starting up, raving to 2k-3k and immediately dying unless I keep it going manually. I can get it to idle very very very low at which point it will stay for a few seconds but eventually the rpms will spike on there own and then it will either die after going down or just barely save itself.

The gas also is extremely hesitant, really bad like I touch it and it spikes after I've already taken my foot away.

Set up, turbo b20 in EF LX.
CEL 41 (o2)
Running stock p75

I had the car running perfectly obd0 other then a code 4 which is why I made the first thread. I left it that way cause I knew it would start right away this way I could check for oil coolant or vaccuum leaks without worrying about dizzy wiring. Once I had foxed the iacv code and had that all good to go (I even drove it that way obd0) I parked it up and switched to obd1. Got all my codes cleared other than the o2 code. And this happened.

Things I've done/replaced/troubleshoot.

New dizzy (oem).
New plugs.
New wires.
New map sensor.
New TPS.
New injectors.
3 different ecu's.
Different iacv (known working).
New obd0-obd1 jumper harness.
No vaccuum leaks.
Timing is perfect.
Compression is perfect.

Another thing I think is weird is when I unplug the vaccuum for the map sensor it runs nearly perfect. Idles around 1k. Gas pedal is smooth and consistent. Sounds good and doesn't break up. I tried 3 different vaccuum locations on the intake.

Just realized I can't post videos or images. Really stupid.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any help is appreciated.

Going to try changing the fuel filter, FPR and try running wires for the map directly to the ecu.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't plan on boosting till all is sorted out. So currently stock map sensor, stock injectors, and stock fuel pump.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,226 Posts
Code 4 is kind of like cancer - you don't just leave it and it doesn't just go away. Just sayin

If you swapped in a new MAP sensor but it runs okay with it unplugged, this tells me your MAP wiring is crap. Download a service manual and follow the flowchart on diagnosing if any wires are bad.

BTW both are OEM sensors, right? Chinese aftermarket sensors are the worse crap I've ever seen & rarely work for long.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,025 Posts
map and tps switched?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Code 4 is kind of like cancer - you don't just leave it and it doesn't just go away. Just sayin

If you swapped in a new MAP sensor but it runs okay with it unplugged, this tells me your MAP wiring is crap. Download a service manual and follow the flowchart on diagnosing if any wires are bad.

BTW both are OEM sensors, right? Chinese aftermarket sensors are the worse crap I've ever seen & rarely work for long.
3 map sensors, all oem. Code 4 didn't just "go away" i fixed it. My next step is to wire the map myself as you said, however I doubt it's likely going to fix it. Harness is not touched other than adding the injectors and obd1 dizzy. And it was also running perfectly fine right before this happened while it was still obd0.

Tomorrow I'm gonna wire the map and ill update the results.

Map and TPS are not switched.

Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also-- not when the map is unplugged, it's when the vaccuum for the map is disconnected. Map still plugged in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anybody know if it could be the main relay by chance? I'm trying to think of everything and the list is really coming down to nothing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts