Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have tried to starting my car with the 680cc injectors with no success yet if i install stock ecu and map fires and idles perfectly, idk WTF i am doing wrong, the only thing that i can think of is that in TE i cant get the vacuum side at any less than 1.08 when if i use the excel bsemapper it has the vac side at some points to 0.93 any help, even if you can post a big injector basemap that i can look at and c the differences,,,

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
First of all, it makes absolutely no sense that 680's would run fine on a stock ecu that programed or tuned for 245's. Are you sure the even 680's?? 450's at 22psi on a pm6 runs pig rich.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
yeah, it does appear to only go down to 1.08. I've never even tried to get 680's to run on TE. 450's idle perfect and support up to at least 300whp. There a calculation but I'm to lazy to look for it right now. Its possible its not programed to run that big of injectors? You'd probably have better luck posting this on pgmfi.org.

Do you have the 680's and don't want to spend any money on 450's. or are you trying to make more power then 450's can handle?

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i expect to run a lil more than 350 so 680cc seemed to be the right choice seeing how i woundnt be working them 2 hard ...

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
People need to learn about injectors before thinking they are going to "work" an injector too hard.

The current limitations of TE won't let you idle huge injectors. I don't know what the limitations are. Go to PGMFI and ask fastCRX, as he's the man doing the development of TE right now.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i have tried to starting my car with the 680cc injectors with no success yet if i install stock ecu and map fires and idles perfectly, idk WTF i am doing wrong, the only thing that i can think of is that in TE i cant get the vacuum side at any less than 1.08 when if i use the excel bsemapper it has the vac side at some points to 0.93 any help, even if you can post a big injector basemap that i can look at and c the differences,,,
from what i can tell, the 8051 chip (eeprom/ostrich/etc) calculates a fuel value (high byte and low byte) and sends the values to the 6260A chip at the driver address. im not sure exactly how it works...

the lowest value you can send, besides 0 (injectors off), is a 1 (00 high byte and 01 low byte)...which equates to 1.08 ms using the formulas in TE. i have no idea if the formulas for ms are 100% correct (and it really doesnt matter)...but i do know thats the lowest value you can send.

as far as the biggest injector that you can run...im not sure how to figure that out either... there are going to be variables between injector types/brands. xenocron bin directory has a 560cc and 550cc basemap, look at those and see if you can lean it out slightly. or post up your map so we can see what your starting with...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thx for the reply and ill look at the xeno bin, but its good to know that maybe its not really me messing things up lol we will c when i try the dsm 450cc that are proven over and over...

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
thx for the reply and ill look at the xeno bin, but its good to know that maybe its not really me messing things up lol we will c when i try the dsm 450cc that are proven over and over...
what is your fuel pressure at?

i never had a problem not being able to lean it out enough.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts