Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if there is neone who has had problems with there engine overheating and wat have they done to over come the problem.

Post the problem and solution. :)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a problem with no thermostat being installed when I took my car to a shop, out of town, so I had to resort to taking it to a shop.

They forgot to install the thermostat, and I kept blowing headgaskets when at idle.

Reinstalled a cooler thermostat and shes ran great for over a year now.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am running the greddy kit on my y7. I am boosting 10 psi daily with no heating problems. Also, the oil I have in my engine (amsoil) makes it run cooler :shock:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the only drawback of having the thermostat is that the coolant would constantly be flowing through the engine.

One thing i realised that when i had in my thermostat and boosted the temp gauge would constantly go up and down but without the thermostat it was ok, so i was just wondering if having the thermostat out was such a bad thing?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Likklekilla said:
I thought the only drawback of having the thermostat is that the coolant would constantly be flowing through the engine.

One thing i realised that when i had in my thermostat and boosted the temp gauge would constantly go up and down but without the thermostat it was ok, so i was just wondering if having the thermostat out was such a bad thing?
thats funny cus my motor ran kinda hot so i pulled the thermostat and now its fine. only gets warm when boosting

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Likklekilla said:
thats funny cus my motor ran kinda hot so i pulled the thermostat and now its fine. only gets warm when boosting
It can go either way, mine was out for sometime before I figured out what was wrong with it, I put 3 headgaskets in it before I finally checked that out. Not sure what even made me check the thermostat.

Your ride can actually run lean on the fuel side by not running the correct coolant temperatures. If your engine doesnt get up to temp. say 180-190 then you are running in the cold idle fashion, going down the road with the thermo out causes the engine to run about 170 or so, I noticed that I was always running in the cold fashion, by slapping in a cooler stat I built temperature above operating range and it seems to move out better down the road, no sluggishness.

Correct me if I messed up on that explanation I've had a few tooooo many coronas.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i sued to have a problem with my stock radiator and turbo. my car spun up so fast on heavy loads, that the waterpump surged water and the small flow tanks of the stocker would not handle the flow. water woudl pour intot he overflow and then overflow the overflow with it pissing liquid all over the engine bay area. I installed a Koyo racing radiator and not a single ossue yet. it sports way larger end tanks and is abotu 1/2" thicker than the other aftermarket rads for my car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts