Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start off by saying not a D, but a B swap. I got this car from a friend a year ago with a b20v that was pouring oil out of it. Fixed all the problems, tuned her on e85 and ran a 13.8 after an hour of tuning. Sold that motor and on to this next motor.

Built head from bare aftermarket casting. All pro series valve train and type r cams
11:1 je pistons with eagle rods in gsr block

Car is running all motor right now. Have 40 miles on this new engine. Big turbo is soon to come.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Need more pics meow!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not pretty as its slowly getting some body work done for a full paint job, but here are a few more.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Looks good man. In to see more.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Intercooler is huge. I believe I'm going to buy a blox traction bar setup, Mount the radiator to it, then cut out the bottom radiator support to give me more room for the intercooler. It's 5" thick.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
:TU:

·
Registered
26 Posts
13.8 really isn't bad, depending on what was actually done to the B20V. As for the GSR-ish motor in there now, 11:1 is definitely doable. More E85 in the works? I'm not personally a fan of Blox stuff, but if you trust it then go for it. The traction bar is pretty important!

Definitely interested what a 'big turbo' means! Stock sleeves? Can't be tooooooooooo big.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This motor will be pushed to 550-600 whp. It will easily get there. Gt35 ball bearing turbo. Staying with e85. I'm looking to set the limits of this 255 fuel pump. I think I will run out of pump around 450-475. I have 1150 fic injectors.

Motor is built and running, and I have all turbo parts, so paint was not first, but I want the car 1 color. I have a friend with a blox traction bar and he said it fits nicely, and that the eBay ones are crap, and he is an avid ebay parts guy, so that means a lot. My other choice is innovate/bar as they are a tad cheaper for traction bar. Anyone have any luck with them?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
I've inly uses the full race traction bars. I have one set up using the traction bars with the k-tuned rad mount. Never had an issue with this combo.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Been a little bit. Making some progress. I'm having a plate cut to mount my tunerview. Should have that done after the holidays

Also my holset wouldn't clear my hood so I got this new top mount. Rev9. Cheaper ebay but pretty solid. Lifetime warranty.

I also have this traction bar setup on its way. New start up company. Cost me a pretty penny at $310 but it looks stronger than any I've seen. I think the only stayed with the gussets. Made of .095 crome moly tubing and stainless hardware.

I should have this girl at the track in March. I hope to have things buttoned up in February to hit the rollers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts