Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a question of how long you guys have been running a turbo daily driver. i want to run boost at 5-7psi but leave everything stock(d16z6). it wont be abused but every once in a while i want to rip it. peace

·
Registered
430 Posts
slammed hb said:
just a question of how long you guys have been running a turbo daily driver. i want to run boost at 5-7psi but leave everything stock(d16z6). it wont be abused but every once in a while i want to rip it. peace
ive been running 11 psi daily for like 8 months and i put 80 miles on the car every day the motor is a bone stock d15b2

O

·
0 Posts
i ran 10 lbs on a stock d16 for 1 yr and 14lbs of boost for 6 months. still stock. it's tunning.

B

·
0 Posts
45psi said:
If you tune it right, you have nothing to worry about.
Very true. Good fuel management and tuning is the key.

Once my tubo project is finished I will be boosting 8-12 psi on my stock d16z6 and I am going to rip on it every chance I get. :twisted:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
my car has been boosted on and off since about last march. from 5 to 13 psi increased over time (stock internals) to 16 psi now (soon to be 20) with new internals. depending on how long you want it to last, keep it around 10-13 imo

·
Registered
413 Posts
My car has boosted with 8 psi for a little more than a year now, appromiately 10K-12K, and never had a single problem. Stock D16y7 (soon to be d16y8) with minor fuel upgrades...

As everyone says, just tune it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts