Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Honda Civic HX
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i turbo my d17 (2002 civic hx) for less than $500 if so can you guys and gals help me out with some links to some ideas and links to pics of turbo d17's (never seen one) if not what is the cheapest i can do it for? Thanks.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
good luck with that...i haven't seen any cheap turbo manifolds for the d17...i bet you can probably do a home made set up for less than a 1000 though...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Tobias said:
$500 bucks is in the range for bottle feeding your d17 not so much a turbo. If your on a budget, that's the best way to go!
Not necessarily....cause if ur on a budget and start spraying then what are you gonna do when u fry ur piston rings or ur engine starts knocking cause nothing was done to it to handle the spray.

·
Registered
251 Posts
drunknEK9 said:
Not necessarily....cause if ur on a budget and start spraying then what are you gonna do when u fry ur piston rings or ur engine starts knocking cause nothing was done to it to handle the spray.
Not if your gonna spray a low shot! I'm not talking 75-100 shot! If your that stupid to spray to the point of frying piston rings and knocking the engine, then your better of inhailing your n2o than injecting it 2 your manifold!

·
Registered
516 Posts
drunknEK9 said:

Everyone thinks N20 is so dangerous... Like 90% of the kits that are out on the market for imports are designed to run a 25-75 HP shot on stock engines and fuel systems with no timing retards or any type of engine management... just bolt in and go.

I know for a fact that the nitrous express stage one EFI wet kit is just like this from my own personal experience and they even state it on their website.

The only time I've even seen nitrous blow up a motor was after I installed a wet kit in a guy's Integra and he decided to spray a 75 shot for about 6 miles of driving on the highway. The recommended spray time with practically any nitrous system is 20 seconds at the most.

Yeah he basically blew the crap out of his motor but it was because of misuse of the system not having the nitrous itself...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Tobias said:
Not if your gonna spray a low shot! I'm not talking 75-100 shot! If your that stupid to spray to the point of frying piston rings and knocking the engine, then your better of inhailing your n2o than injecting it 2 your manifold!
inhaling it wont hurt you....n20 is wut they use at dentist offices and hospitals...if uve ever had "laughing gas" thats n20.

·
Registered
251 Posts
drunknEK9 said:
inhaling it wont hurt you....n20 is wut they use at dentist offices and hospitals...if uve ever had "laughing gas" thats n20.
Your dentist uses N20..that's what..20 nitrogen molicules! I know what nitrous oxide is, my mother is a dentist. As you quoted me I said your better off inhailing your nitrous, for a real good buzz, rather that run a 100 shot on stock internals. The person who started this thread wanted a turbo for $500. That's not gonna happen. So I merely suggested to run nitrous @ a low volume to gain some xtra Hp. That's all!

·
Registered
516 Posts
N2O for cars and industrial purposes is like 99% N2O and 1% sulfur to keep people from huffing it.

Medical grade N2O is pure N2O since it was made to be inhaled...

Medical and Industrial grade aren't "totally" different but there are differences.

·
Registered
Del sol
1,453 Posts
maby if you had a DSM laying around with a thrown rod/colision or something of that matter im sure you could really ghetto fab evrything for 500, having that you already have tools and equipment laying around

B

·
0 Posts
i was going to turbo my 04 but I just ended up spraying it because turbos are too much for a 04 and the fuel system is AWFULL. Returnless fuel systems suck because you cant raise the fuel pressure. If you want a good set up you have to make wat cardnoff (spelling?) did on 7thgencivic.com. He did a y8 intake manifold with a a fuel fuel return system so he could play with the fuel pressure.
I had a 75 shot for awhile and really loved and my car still runs fine after abotu 20 bottles run threw the motor.

D

·
0 Posts
drunknEK9 said:
WRONG WRONG WRONG.............dont ever inhale nitrous and yes i know what im talking about...try permanent nerve damage just for starters,if you think because you get it at a hospital its safe try a few dozen xrays,if i sound harsh im sorry but i dont want some kid reading that and thinking its ok to inhale the stuff.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
^^bingo...why do you think dentist don't use the "laughin gas" unless they HAVE to...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts