Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1994 honda civic ex
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a d16z6 NA.here pretty soon im going to buy a turbo kit to slap on it after i buy a rebuild kit and a cam i dont know what turbo i should get t3/t4?? i need some info on what to do and where to start if anybody knows let me know please and thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
Depends on your power goals, budget, what you plan to use the car for, etc. Search is good, but if you were more specific then it'd be easier to advise.

·
Registered
95 and 96 civic EX
222 Posts
You can't just "slap" a turbo kit on and be done. You need the a mani, turbo, intercooler, waste gate, injectors, ecu needs to at least be chipped and tuned, probably a new clutch to hold the additional power, gauges to monitor the engine and boost levels etc.
Figure out a budget and what kind of power you want to make and go from there. RESEARCH everything and you'll be fine. Good luck

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
based on my experience you have a solid 4-6 months of good searching to do unless you want to go with a premade solution from one of the site sponsors.
not even. about 1hr and you can find tons of peoples builds that match what you want and just copy and paste :D

buy really this thread should be closed the op hasnt replied back and its pointsless since this question gets asked jsut about once a week

·
Registered
Honda Civic and CRV
265 Posts
I agree with bradg. It was a little over a year from start to finish for my first engine build and turbo install. That was including engine management, switching from a Y7 IM to Y8, wiring and plumbing. Research! I did and it went very smooth for my first build. Got most of the info from here too. :)

·
Registered
Black/Green Civic HB
753 Posts
What are your power goals??
Is the motor stock?
It's usually cheaper and better to pice together your own "kit" then to buy a pre made one that may no be the best for your goals.
- took me 2 years to research and build my motor!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts