Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Above
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought me a homemade turbo kit. I have a couple question on exactly what i need. I dont no where to get a down pipe for it because the stock dp faces toward the front of the car . Where could i mount the side mount intercooler and im not sure exactly how to run the pipe. I just need a pic of someones setup so i can get an idea.

·
Registered
90 civic si
1,536 Posts
go to and exhaust shop they will be able to fab you up a downpipe.. for the drive to teh exhaust shop you could cut the downpipe so it points straight downthen they could weld on some pipe for cheap :) easy way to do it imo

·
Registered
Above
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
go to and exhaust shop they will be able to fab you up a downpipe.. for the drive to teh exhaust shop you could cut the downpipe so it points straight downthen they could weld on some pipe for cheap :) easy way to do it imo
Alright cool thanks. I was thinking of doing that. I no a couple of exhaust shops

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
Alright so ill stick it right down there in the wheel weel where the cold air would go and just run the piping in front of the radiator and come out on the other side where i connect to the turbo.
it's really what ever way works best. you just have to play with it.

·
Registered
Above
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright thanks. Im putting in a y8 tranny right now them im going to start on the turbo tonight if i get the tranny back on

·
Registered
Above
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ditch the sidemount and get a frontmount. have the shop fab up some pipes or ask greg.
Yea man i was thinking of getting rid of it but i dont have 150 to spend on front mount and piping. The side mount fit right where a cold air intake would be. I already have it bolted on. The pipes look like they are going to be hard to run tho

·
Registered
94 del sol
261 Posts
I hear ya on cost man but i would watie a lil long and get me a good some pipeing and intercooler. For some reason ive never been able to wrap my mind on useing a old and beat up sidemount intercooler. I say waite and invest a lil more money and have more fun. plus i think intercoolers are fucking kool looking....lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts