Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
93 dx hatch
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well First off let me give you a rundown of the setup on a buddys car we installed a turbo kit onto

92 DX civic, has a d16z6 swap(completely stock) that has ran fine for the past 3 or 4 years, chipped ecu on crome, DSM 450ccs( black tops with green pintels with twin spray patterns), Walboro 255, Greddy mani,downpipe, turbo, ebay intercooler kit, now onto the problem

We cannot get this thing to idle on a 450cc map, If we cut it down to like 300cc-350ccs on the crome map it will idle just run veeery poorly weve changed fuel filter, brand new walboro, tryed many many many maps, we just cant get this sucker to run right, weve tryed p28 fuel/timing maps, weve tryed p30 fuel/timing maps, we just cant figure out this out, we can get it to run smoothly but slower with 6-9psi of boost than when it was all motor lol, SO if anyone has any ideas please let me know. thanks in advance and if theres anything else you need to know please ask and i will answer as soon as possible

·
Registered
93 dx hatch
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
have you tried to adjust the injector offsets?

what is your air fuel ratio? can u even monitor the air fuel ratio?
fuel pressure? have you removed checksum routine?
Have yet to check fuel pressure(waiting to get a fuel pressure gauge from another friend) check sum has been removed and no i cant monitor a/f we are just trying to get a decent base map that i feel comfortable with letting him drive it on to the tuners, injector offset if you mean like the battery offsets yes, it did very little to nothing.

·
Registered
93 dx hatch
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you forget to put the vacuum hose on the fpr?

not tryin to call u out on dumb shit just giving you things to check
lol nah i understand man, Yes ive checked every vac line in the bay, changed the fuel filter, tryed multiple maps lol It just will not run of a 450cc map, im about out of ideas which is why I decided to ask you guys, i usally dont have to ask because i search around on here and usally get my D series questions answered lol i just cant figure this one out to save my life, Im hoping i can get the fuel pressure checked tomarrow but i gotta remind my buddy to bring his gauge for me, I also tryed putting the stock 240ccs back in but it just wont run if the injector sizing is correct on the map. but please keep the ideas coming :D

·
Registered
93 dx hatch
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
would you like me to maybe make you a map to try?

also is the map set for the proper map sensor.. any cel's?
I mean I will gladly try a map but ive tryed atleast 15-20 450cc maps and not much luck, and yes its on a stock honda map sensor, and only cel that has popped up was VSS for a few moments, because we forgot to plug the VSS back up from the clutch install lol. but other than that clean check engine light lol

·
Registered
93 dx hatch
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no i dont mean battery offset i mean injector offset.

tools -> fuel multiplier -> advanced

invest in a wideband. best $220 you can spend
Well really we are just trying to get it running decently enough to get to the tuner who has his own wideband ect, just want it to run decently and not wash the cylinders out on the way, But any idea what a decent setting would be

dont adjust the injector size, leave it at 450cc. mess with the offset to get the correct afr
yea i really dont like that idea but i asked a friend of mine to make me some basemaps and he made 4 and the last one was programed for smaller injectors and it would idle fine, and drove decently just too rich to really drive. I didnt get a chance to check fuel pressure today my buddy couldnt find his gauge lol. still working on that.

·
Registered
93 dx hatch
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sound like a subi? couldnt tell you she wont rev or run on a 450 map lol, like it starts up and dies as soon as intial rev up comes back down, but when i tryed the map my buddy sent me it idled just wouldnt free rev decently like youd smack the gas and like a second later it would try to rev but then die lol

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
Hmmmm. I thought the stock map sensor will go banana sanwich when reading boost. Maybe I'm rusty. Ever thought of upgrading? Could be a solution.

Probably not much help to you but I really hope you guys get this figured out. I know what its like to get something this close to done and then run into a hiccup like this. GRRRRRRR!!!!!!

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
Thanks for the refresher course.

I'd trust danz' advice. Over the past couple months I've noticed him comin through with some VERY helpful info. Plus the WB will be very useful in your boost setup. AFR's are one of those things you really SHOULD pay attention to. Anyways, GL bro.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts