Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right

I had bought alot of products to give my D16Z6 engine a boost in HP and keep it N/A i added

D16a6 pistons to increase compression
Lightweight flywheel
Megan Racing manifold
Ported throttle body,intake manifold and head
Stage 5 valve job
Racing valves skunk 2
Valve seats refaced
Uprated distribuor and alternator
Zex camshaft high lift
Skunk 2 cam gear
Hondata tuning

Now i have found out this isn't enough!!! :)

I am wanting to go turbo,is it okay to still use camshaft??I know i would need uprated fuel pump,injectors,etc etc

But what wwould i need to get rid of,i am thinking i would need to get lower compression ,forged pistons,and use colder plugs?

Any suggestions on turbo to use and more importantly cost?

Money isn't really important as i work for everything i NEED (notice i didn't say wqant :)),is it possible to put this on myself??If i did i would get it fitted in my workshop then take it to a local dyno tuner and get the boost option on my Hondata ecu and get it set up right

Look forward to evreyones replys

Thanks D series :)

Chris

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
umm if you put in the pistons and other stuff in your car then a turbo install will be a breeze. But if i was you i would install some nitrous. You have like a pretty set-up for that. But yea list the zex camshaft number you have from the website. Turbo set-ups are liek $1000. depending on the quality your looking for and deal you might get. you could get a greddy bolt on kit which is 1200 and comes with everything but an intercooler. And the install isn't to hard besides getting the oil pan welded.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i want the best i can get,can spend up to 3k on turbo kit all in?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nitrous won't get me as big gains and is easily used up :)

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Marinogdenbsx said:
nitrous won't get me as big gains and is easily used up :)
it is used up true easily but 150 shot lol that will get you 150 hp gain lol.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for a few seconds yeah,i want it to be permanent :)

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh i guess your not a track racer. umm yea you can put a turbo kit together. With 3000 you can put together a real nice kit. like a t3/t4 turbo with a nice manifold and still be able to build that block for low compression. With forged internals so you can boost like 15 psi.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i don't want major boost,i mean 10 is fine for me,what sort of gains could i expect??

Any breakages likely :)

Any links to products

Cheers guys

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well with those piston i would be unsure about 10 psi. stock pistons could take that if you tune it right. but i would step on it constantly. Homemadeturbo.com read alot if your no to familiar with the turbo concept.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i know someone who makes custom made turbo manifolds so using that isn't a problem,with the kit i listed earlier what else would i need to get?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cool,thanks bud

I will use Hondata tuning,so how much in total cost you wreckon??1500 dolalrs all in including smaller items you listed?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cool,sounds pretty good,well i will keep reading up on it,if anyone has any links to offer or any advice feel free to add it,i will check this post regularly

Thanks guys

1 - 20 of 20 Posts