Honda D Series Forum banner

Turbo d16z6 missfire

1K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  JDMCRX88 
#1 ·
So after a few months of me not starting the car. i go to start it... no luck.. put 1 gallon of 93 oct. jumped it and it starts. take the jumpers off. car dies. put in new alternator and battery. car starts but when i take the battery terminal off the car dies. cleaned the grounding wires. car starts take the terminal off and it stays on. i go for a test drive. the car starts sputtering and miss-firing like crazy. i get home and swap the spark plugs, old ones were black. same issue. i checked timing with a timing gun and it seems to be off by 15 deg increased (advanced?). does this sound like a timing issue? ohh and i took the battery terminal off and it dies again.

what could this be?? any help would be great. thanks

my setup is in my sig

#2 ·
wtf are you taking off the battery terimal while its running? and you think it wont die?
thats some messed up thinking right there.

Now how do you know its 15degs off?
the itming marks are only for 14 16 and 18. so unless you have a top dollar one. Its hard for me to believe that.

#3 ·
ok.... isnt the alternator supposed to keep the car running/ charging the battery?

i have a snap on timing gun..... thats how i see the 15 deg. i am not a noob nor am i an expert.

#5 ·
so my tank has one gallon that i put in on sunday. im going to put in two gallons. im thinking its bad fuel since its been sitting a while. i attached a datalog and my tune.. thanks for responding...

Attachments

#6 ·
what i meant about the alternator was that i would turn the car on, then disconnect the terminal. then it would die and still is... i have no CEL's

#7 ·
i am looking through the calibration. and its supposed to do boost by gear. i dont see in the parameters.. ould i have lost the tune somehow?

#8 ·
Misfire fixed. I got a fuel press guage. Swapped out the for and the problem was still there I swapped the walbro for a 340 aeromotive. Psi is back to norm. Thanks for the help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.