Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am nOOb to d-series.org but have been reading the posts for about a year now. I have access to a 94-up LS motor complete swap for 1450. I now have a D16Z6 with only about 88,000 original miles on it, it is a good little motor. I have minor mods such as intake, cam gear, pulleys, NX 55 Wet single fogger etc. I have friends with hatches that plan to drop H22's in them, but I dont think they know the time or money it takes to do the swap. My other friends have STI's, Supras, 240sx, SRT-4's and a few civics. The all say swap, swap, swap. I plan to go to the track this summer and run my civic with a boosted sohc or a ls swap soon to be turbo. Please help me decide. I dont want to boost the D16, max out the block and still want more power and be sorry. And I also know how engine swaps can be a money pit- but more power potential is there. I just want to keep up with them, show some people up at the track, and have fun. Please voice your opinions. You all have helped me build my D16 help me take the next step- LS Turbo or D16 Turbo?

·
Registered
260 Posts
You'll have more potential with the LS swap- if you have the cash to turbo it later. If you're worried about maxing out the D block, and you DO have the cash to go further- I would definitely recommend the B18. You have more displacement, two separate cams to tune with, and a huge aftermarket. The B18 swap is relatively cheap compared to other B series conversions, so you're really not out that much more money.

There's a ton of guys in Houston running in the high 200s to low 300s at the wheels using all stock internals... the power can be made easily with good tuning. If you do decide to go this route though, ditch the LS transmission and get a GSR. Don't listen to all the people who say the super long gears of the LS are better for boost- shorter is still better for acceleration, and the GSR's ratios are wonderful for boost.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://www.d-series.org/viewtopic.php?t=4983

Don't count out your Z6 just yet, they are awsome little motors. I decided to turbocharge my stock Z6... It turned out better than I expected. I will update my post with prices and more details pretty soon, but I think I am a little over $1,000 for turbo parts. A buddy of mine with a B18A LS in his CRX running 11 psi made 198whp/216tq at the dyno that day... He couldn't believe I made more power than him. If you decide to drop an LS motor in your car defintely swap a vtec head on there because they flow much better.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The d series are cheeper to build
I think for the $ you'll get a lot more perofrmance out of your Dt han the ls. For the cost of the LS swap alone you could do internals, hondata, and onthe head valves and sprigns and cam and have it all tuned with an already nice turbo setup and put down 350-360 wheel power or better @18lbs. the ls max you could do is like 12 safley stock and that's maybe 265-285 hp. The turbo ktis for the dohc cars are also more expensive.

if you got the # for the turbo kit and the # for the motor, get a Revhard kit or talk with a local "Quality" shop who has a very good credentals and look at maybe a custom turbo setup. a nice t3/t4 with drag manifold and tial wastegate would do wonders for your car.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi my name is c''los and i have a 93 coupe d16z6 brand new cuase i blew up my old one. my new one is ok. not to bad i took down a few victims myself. i want to know how can i have a car dat will whip chavy caprices. my brothers got chevy caprices and impalass with the corvette lt1 engine and i always race with them. and i pull on them right off the line but in 3rd gear they eat me up. please everyone give me some tips.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IM DONT REALLY HAVE A BUDGET. IF YOU TELL ME HOW MUCH I HAVE TO SPEND THEN ILL MAKE IT WORK OUT CAUSE MY JOBS PAYS WELL I GUESS DONT KNO HOW MUCH IMA END UP UP SPENDING. BUTI WANT A CIVIC DAT WILL GIVE CHEVY CAPRICES HARD PROBLEMS

·
CRX KING
1,732 Posts
93HONDABOY said:
hi my name is c''los and i have a 93 coupe d16z6 brand new cuase i blew up my old one. my new one is ok. not to bad i took down a few victims myself. i want to know how can i have a car dat will whip chavy caprices. my brothers got chevy caprices and impalass with the corvette lt1 engine and i always race with them. and i pull on them right off the line but in 3rd gear they eat me up. please everyone give me some tips.
Why does that garage have furniture in it? Shouldn't there be tools and such?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts