Uberdata
DSM 450cc injectors
Custom Manifold
Johhnyracecar 5 inch tall IC
2.5 inch charge piping
2.5 inch custom downpipe
3 inch exhaust
ACT xtss clutch

My custom manifold and T3 turbo installed...

ACT xtss... putting the power to the ground.

My 3 inch SS exhaust, 22 inch resinator, and magnaflow muffler...

Me handling my tyrus intercooler...

Mr. HomeMadeTurbo himself installing my resistor box for the DSM injectors...

A sweet FMIC shot...

Oh yeah baby...

My car on the dyno...

The results... 216hp/181tq...

The basemap my friend made for me threw down 216 whp on the first run and it kind of freaked me out because I was not expecting that much power just from the basemap. The boost gauge was reading 9-10 psi and the a/f ratio was in the 12's and after a few runs it was wanting more boost. The tune was conservative and I know we could have sqeezed out a lot more power, but this being my first turbo setup and my engine being completely stock I decided not to turn up the boost (even though everybody wanted me too). I kinda of wish I would have turned the boost up to 12 pounds or more for at least one run just to see what it could do. Last weekend I was looking at a d-series rod that snapped in half so that was kind of stuck in my head. I am very happy at 10 pounds though, but next time I dyno I am defintely turning the boost up. :twisted:

Thanks to Jeff, Beau, Dave and anybody else that helped me finally get my car boosted... :D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hahah... As always BBKA, 3 cheers for the HMT kit! Pre-fab kits, eat your heart out!

·
Registered
74 Posts
yur the man, not onyl because u have a turbo, but because u have the same year, color coupe as me, only mine is a DX, but a d16 is soon to be under the hood

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
with a EX tranny, short shift that beotch at 6900 and hang on!!!!!!!!

PEOPLE, notice the torque from 4k to 6.5k, this is near perfect!!!!!!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beer you did a good job on this whole set up. Congrats in making that kind of power.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice job man. from what i see you have pretty linear power. do teh right thing man and dont get boost happy. Lets keep that motor alive!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the good comments guys. :D

Now I need to get an LSD and some drag radials so I can get some traction.

·
D-Series O.G.
116 Posts
Where did you get you piping from for the intercooler? If you made it yourself what bends and how many of each did you use and where did you get them?

·
Registered
74 Posts
D16z6TurboCivic said:
Where did you get you piping from for the intercooler? If you made it yourself what bends and how many of each did you use and where did you get them?
yea i would also like to know because i am soon to get the same thing except built d16z6 instead of stock internals. coule the intercooler be mounted further back so that u could retain the factory grill in the bumper, did u have to do any cutting??? i would like to know cause i have the same exact car, even the same color??

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what are you using for engine management? if your runing the afc hack with 440-450 injectors, you can't go over 10psi w/o damagine the motor. so you'll have to have a hondata, e-manage, or something. see it's "suppsoed" to deal with the map sensor and it seeing boost. but the stock map cannot take over 11psi w/o breaking. so you will either have to use a missing link and retune the afc accordingly (probebly not be able to idle for squat) or one of the better management systems will be requires. IF you got a hondata, you could run the 3bar map and then even tune to like 14 and look to maybe 240-250 wheel power

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where can I get an intercooler like that and how much does it cost?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got my IC piping from a group buy off HMT for $115... the website is www.speedpartsrus.com and they also sell nice intercoolers. I got my intercooler from another group buy off HMT for $220... the website is www.johnnyracecar.com

"oscarmayer" I thought I was pretty clear about what fuel management I was running in the title of the post "Turbo D16Z6 dyno tuned w/uberdata ::pICS::" :wink:

Let's keep this thread on track also. I don't need info about map sensors, fuel management, etc... I do like you idea about getting a 3bar and tuning my car to 14 psi though. :) I bet I would easily hit 250whp with that much boost. I want to make sure I have rods/pistons or another engine ready before I try that though.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
stock d16 can take abotu 14 lbs with proper tunning. I ran mine at 14 daily driven for about a yr.

I didn't realize u were using that system. Till someoen else pointed it out. Yea if you want to go over 10.5 or 11 (but if you spike BOOM) you will have to have a 3bar. the stocker will break over 11psi. usually at 12-13 it breaks. and onceit breaks it gives faulse reasings tot he ecu and then BOOOM. cause the ecu cannot properly desifer the correct info.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
man that power is sick on a stock motor. dont get boost happy. most do but thats how u learn. i did. hey by the way what kind of exhaust is thatur running.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
not to dog on ya but you paid $115 for you piping???
Did you weld that yourself or did it come that way? You
could get the piping from JC whitney cheaper or just
have the exhaust shop bend it for ya. To me it just looks
kinda janky like the bodys on a new mustang... all choppy.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts