Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Honda Civic EK1
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hay i have a 1999 ek1 and am thinking of going forced induction. ive found a bolt on kit that i think would be good (dont realy know alot when it comes to turbos im normaly a N/A man). but ive asked the supplier several questions about it and all they have said is exactly what is on the website, so i was wondering if you guys could help.

im running a d16y4 on stock internals and almost 200k on it. and am looking at at most 7psi.

the kit contains:

- Rev Hard Cast Iron Manifold
- Custom T3/T04 Turbo
- Rev Hard Intercooler 27" x 6.5" x 3"
- Rev Hard 38MM Wastegate
- Rev Hard Blow Off Valve
- 12:1 Boost Dependant FMU
- High Volume Fuel Pump
- Billet Map Diffuser (check valve)
- 2.25" Aluminized Mandrel Bent Piping
- 2.5" Downpipe
- Silicone Hoses & Clamps
- Steel Braided -3 Oil Line
- All Necessary Hardware & Fittings

and costs around 5k

·
Registered
618 Posts
hay i have a 1999 ek1 and am thinking of going forced induction. ive found a bolt on kit that i think would be good (dont realy know alot when it comes to turbos im normaly a N/A man). but ive asked the supplier several questions about it and all they have said is exactly what is on the website, so i was wondering if you guys could help.

im running a d16y4 on stock internals and almost 200k on it. and am looking at at most 7psi.

the kit contains:

- Rev Hard Cast Iron Manifold
- Custom T3/T04 Turbo
- Rev Hard Intercooler 27" x 6.5" x 3"
- Rev Hard 38MM Wastegate
- Rev Hard Blow Off Valve
- 12:1 Boost Dependant FMU
- High Volume Fuel Pump
- Billet Map Diffuser (check valve)
- 2.25" Aluminized Mandrel Bent Piping
- 2.5" Downpipe
- Silicone Hoses & Clamps
- Steel Braided -3 Oil Line
- All Necessary Hardware & Fittings

and costs around 5k
seems like to much monies...5grand shit they better rebuild your engine too.

Try one of the site sponsors. go-autoworks.

·
Registered
1999 Honda Civic EK1
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yah i know its a bit pricy but i want to bo it right the first time. i kinda like my engine

·
Registered
1 Posts
:shock: Dude that would have to be top of the line everything! and from the pic it does not appear to be.
Piece you a kit together for 1K and build your motor to withstand more boost if your tryn to drop change like that.

·
Registered
1999 Honda Civic EK1
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well im in australia and everything is realy expensive here. ive had a look at the go-autoworks site and they do have some nice looking kits but i will still be looking at a minimum of 2.5k for the kit plus postage. then i need to get a chip and fuel pump. which is why i liked the other kit cause it came with everything for a set price. tho i have been thinking i should lower the compression and run a bigger turbo.

any ideas please im realy running out of them myself.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
dude that kit is junk listen to what people are saying, i would smack the shit outa the person who told me $5k for a kit that comes with a FMU lmmfao. JUUNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. site sponsor is way better, they can build you a kit thats better than that for $5k if you are stuck on spending $5k for a "kit" instead of buying and putting together a turbo setup for $2500.

·
Registered
618 Posts
well im in australia and everything is realy expensive here. ive had a look at the go-autoworks site and they do have some nice looking kits but i will still be looking at a minimum of 2.5k for the kit plus postage. then i need to get a chip and fuel pump. which is why i liked the other kit cause it came with everything for a set price. tho i have been thinking i should lower the compression and run a bigger turbo.

any ideas please im realy running out of them myself.
Dude before you blow all your monies please hang out for awhile. Read through the 'forced induction' threads and you will learn quite a bit. No matter which way you go you will have to get your car tuned.....But if your hell bent on spending 5,000 dollars go for it.

·
Registered
same
1,624 Posts
rev-hard kits have been around for quite awhile, and have a good reputation for quality, but they are WAY overpriced. basically an Ebay kit with a descent turbo and intercooler.

money is better spend on the go-autoworks kit. they will make it as complete as needed and still be less than the rev-hard kit.

·
Registered
406 Posts
5000$ LOL. Highway robbery.

Go-Autoworks kit and an engine rebuild would cost you less. Use the leftover money for a nice tune.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts