Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Updated 5/4/2020

Parting out my turbo D16. Plus some other parts. Ideally I'd keep it all together, but I'll consider splitting it up there is enough interest in all the parts. Everything works great. Just needs a little cleaning. I didn't have time to give everything a good scrub, but it's all in fine working order. I'm in Metro Detroit for local pickup. I'll ship everything. All prices are OBO, not including shipping costs.

Turbo: Holset HX35 7 blade, rebuilt by Boost Lab with about 1000 street miles on it. It has the stock hardline for a train that goes to braided stainless. 12cm^2 exhaust with WG welded shut. This is the smallest divided housing you can get. It has a 3" v-band welded to it for the outlet. $300
Manifold: Sheepey divided with T3 flange. $900
Wastegates: Two Tial MVS 38mm gates, rebuilt by Tial with about 1000 street miles on them. Dumps are not stainless (as you can see) made by me, and come with the gates if you want them. Only one left for sale $240
Boost Controller: Turbo XS MBC $50

The small intercooler (not used as part of this setup) is just an eBay job painted with radiator black. $30

The big intercooler is a speedfactory core with custom end tanks. Pressure tested to 50psi, no leaks. $300

First cam: Comp Cams D16Z6 59300, about 500 street miles. $200
Second cam: Rocket Motorsports D16Z6 Stage 5, but ground by Rocket so you don't need to ground out the cam tubs on your cylinder head. $450
Springs: Comp Camps D16 springs. $120

Crank: D16Z6 stock, not ground or anything. Great shape. I don't really want to ship, but if you want to pay for shipping, I'll do it. $100
Oil pump: Devcon'd and ported OEM D16Z6 oil pump. Always made great oil pressure. $100

Pistons: Wiseco 75.5mm pistons $300
Rods: Eagle H beams $200

Flywheel: Competition Clutch D2B flywheel. That's a D series crank pattern but takes a B series input shaft and clutches. $120
Clutch: Competition Clutch Stage 4 Sprung Kit $180

ECU: P28 socketed with DEMON and Neptune RTP: $350
Injectors: Injector Nation 1000cc B/D/F/H $230

Intake Manifold: Skunk 2. Comes with an IACV, stock D16 TB with FITV. There is a broken off IAT sensor that I never bothered to remove all the way. I just used the sensor in my IC piping. $150
MAP sensor: Omni 4 bar for D/B/F/H $60

IC piping: Matches with the rest of the kit, knockoff Greddy Type RS BOV, this is the only piece needed for the whole kit. 2.5" all the way. $100

There is a lot going on, so ask any questions if something is unclear. First come, first served. If you want the fastest back and forth, include your phone number in any PM's.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,398 Posts
dumb question, do you have any pics of the intercooler mounted?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here you can see when I was making the template for the end tanks. It got mounted up higher than this. You can see the turbo on the driver side, and get a rough idea for how much higher it actually sits.

Here is a shot of the IC routing before I welded some of it to reduce the couplers. The turbo goes directly in to the other side of the IC so it's only a coupler and no piping.

With the bumper on.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,398 Posts
watching. I want, but have things to sort out first. dibs unless someone else gets it first.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
717 Posts
Damn, I am literally in the market for pistons and rods lol. I think I might have just found my $300 buffer with what you are offering. Interested and have money right now, pending these questions: Why are you parting out? What happened? How many miles on the pistons/rods? What power level were you at? You can PM if the reasons are personal :) More pictures of them as well if you have them!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn, I am literally in the market for pistons and rods lol. I think I might have just found my $300 buffer with what you are offering. Interested and have money right now, pending these questions: Why are you parting out? What happened? How many miles on the pistons/rods? What power level were you at? You can PM if the reasons are personal :) More pictures of them as well if you have them!
Parting out because I kept blowing the HG while trying to hit my power goal, 450hp. It seemed to let go around 370-400, so I said F it, and pulled a K24 from the junkyard. Need to sell this stuff to fund that build.

They have probably 15k miles on them maybe? I only DD it one year, and warm months only two years. The DD year and first warm year I was at 270hp. This last year is when I changed manifolds, e85, etc and turned it up.

I’d be happy to take more pictures. I’ll be up at the shop shortly. Anything in particular you want to see? I’ll try and get bearing surface, ring lands, crown, etc.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
717 Posts
That sounds good. I am interested! Funny, you seem to be fighting the head gasket fight as well. I don't know what it is, some people have excellent luck out of these engines, and others blow head gaskets every other pull it seems.

Did your block have CSS done at all?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, stock sleeves, no block guard, no CSS. I didn't want to pull the engine again and have to re-ring and re-hone. It might have held if I put more effort in, but I have been eyeballing a K24 swap for a while, so I was kind of looking for an excuse in a way.

Piston tops (the carbon doesn't feel too hard, it would probably come off with some cleaner):

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
717 Posts
Hey man, sorry it's been a minute since I replied to the request! I appreciate you taking all the pictures, but literally during the wait for the pictures someone queue'd me into a way to use my existing rods with a set of new Wiseco's. I didn't think I was going to be able to use my existing rods, which was why I was excited at your listing having stock D length forged H beams and forged pistons together for a decent price. But as of now, I no longer need these.

See this post as to what as figured out: https://www.d-series.org/threads/piston-protrusion-question.313633/

Thanks again for taking the time to provide good detailed pictures of those pistons and rods. Someone needs to hop on those for their D build, they still have plenty of use left!

I have also been having similar head gasket issues out of these D engines under higher power, but I am getting the block CSS'd where I hope it will provide more meat for the head gasket to grip and seal against, preventing blowouts at higher cylinder pressures.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts