Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have a 97 hx coupe 5speed it has a y7 in it. I rebuilt with vitara and hbeams just installed supertech valve springs.aside from that. I just restarted it after huge mishap thinking i bent a valve but i didnt. Reinstalled head.
The engine has no road miles only running in garage. But main fact im havinh is the turbo manifold gets skin burning when running for under a minute. Its running really rich so much my sheet rock has a black spot from exhaust. I hooked up an o2 sensor that i welded a bung into my downpipe. (Car didny have any 02 sensors). Hooked up o2 sensor. Still runs like shit and i have no throttle control. Idles very low and if i press throttle it is very choppy. HELP!

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
can you define "skin burning"? like, your exhaust manifold gets so hot it burns your skin?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,954 Posts
check the tune and the timing.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
It doesn't take long for the manifold to get hot. Can burn you in under a minute. But yes a tune is in order.

·
Registered
777 Posts
get a tune... what are you using for your engine management?

·
Retired From Hondas
2,795 Posts
Laskey Racing Online Store

this shouldve been read before start up and also a functioning wideband for when you were supposed to get it tuned.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Wideband is no good without tuning software. You are probable running rich at idle because the low compression vitaras.

Tune your car. Your stock basemap is useless when your car is not stock

·
Registered
361 Posts
If "skin burning" means glowing this means you're burning raw fuel in the manifold. Pretty much the combustion is happening in your exhaust instead of in the combustion chamber. You're clearly running ridiculously rich at idle per the black dry wall you mentioned. Other then that, 2 days and no response from OP. Say something :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts