Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats up? i'm new to d-series but not new to hondas. i was wondering if anyone had turbo charged a stock d15b7 and got any real power out of it. i've been thinking about running a mitsubishi turbo of my friends car. any ideas in this build would be highly appreciated. also my car has 98000 miles on it. is that too many miles to boost. car's been babied. thanks!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Imo that's not to much mileage, theirs guys who has more mileage than that who boost. Just do a compression test an see how the #'s look.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool. also is it possible if you keep the boost low to go without a fuel management. maybe just fpr & fuel pump?
does anybody know if i can use the injectors off the eclipse gs-t?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
126 Posts
nah man u need fuel managment, unless of course ur looking for an excuse for upgrading to a z6 or sumtin...uber man...its the shit

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
on my uncles turbo 93 dx with d15b7 he was running hf mani/t25/stock injectors/[email protected] somewhere in that range with an eclipse fuel pump and it ran fine on 8psi for 11months just retard the base timing 2-3 degrees, on that setup with a starion fmic he ran a [email protected] it had no fuel management i was so surprised it lasted that long i kept telling him to get something for tuning but he never did and it wound up blowing when we turned the boost up 11psi.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
welcome to D-series....that's not to many miles at all man. Fuel management isn't that expensive if you look around so go for it..:) better be safe then sorry.

Good luck w/ it..

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
<--- 235,000 on a D15B7 with 10psi of Jackson power. Drove it to 265k before pulling the engine out :)

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
my engine is a d15b7 also, coincedentaly i boosted my engine around the same mileage mark of 98000 with a t3.t4 & it works very well ;-)

the problems tho that i had were piston ring leakage from the boost and holding compresion- the problem blew out my main seal by the flywheel cover.
but with a good tune it shouldent be a prob.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
from what i hear i wouldent go over 10lb's of boost but i found that 5 to 6 lb's on stock internals are sufficient enough on t3.t4oe for *effortless* merging onto the freeway

boost isnt hp anyone can contest to that -its basicly in my opinon- depend on your slug size, c/r, valve sizes and clearences, cams, ect. other stuff in other sizes and shapes ect., ect.,that can make things work easeir for your beater to churn out horsepower for you.

fyi- in january im going to have a dyno, so i'll be sure 2 post it in 3mo. but i feel its around the 200 mark

·
The H Badge is it!
5,657 Posts
^^ its not really the amount of boost, and if it was we would need turbo specs because 5 psi to one turbo is alot less to a larger turbo @ 5 psi...

i say don't go more than 200whp w/ a good tune on stock b7 rods.

do you have a mini-me swap?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My z6 had 200000 mile on it and was boosted at 10 pounds.
It still is till now it's beed three almost four years. I say swap it to a z6 and do ten pounds you'll be happy with it. Buy if u want to boost the b7 8-10 pounds should b fine with good tunning.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts