Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 crx HF/67 jeepcj5
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys heres what im doing i wanna know what else i need and if it a good build to do? all this going into a 91 civic sedan dx.

crower rods
srp pistons w/rings ( dish )
block guard
stock crank / full balanced
a head swap with z6 head
mild P&P with polished chambers
stock cam and valve train ( cash issues :noway: )

what head gasket do i need to do this?
i need to know what bearings would be best and what should i do for managment?
i will be converting to obd 1 and mpfi
thanks!!!!!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
You going turbo???

Get that mother sleeved... O yea. Its all up to you if i were you i would convert to obd1 cause there are twice as much tuning capabilities. You could use CHROME. Ive never used it but from what i have heard its pretty nice.

If i were you i would upgrade ya ECU. Go with the z6 cause youll be runnin that v tach..

Check out this site. www.pgmfi.forums.com

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
i would say. obd1 conversion with a p28 using CROME or hondata. stock sleeved motors have seen 400 hp with no problems yet, but it may be piece of mind for the owner. z6 head gasket and not sure about the bearings on the b2 block.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
You really going to pay $725 for those rods?

·
Registered
91 crx HF/67 jeepcj5
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replys guys
yea im going z6 obd 1 vtec
yea my brother wants the best parts he can get he wants it to be reliable
what rods should i use?
i think the stock ones are weak for turbo haha he would like around 400 hp we'r going t3 turbo off a ford turbo coupe and a obx turbo header and a 2 1/2 down pipe with 3 inch from the cat back
he plans on running this on the street and we got plenty of time to build it
he wants to run about 10 to 20 psi we plan on having a block guard
i think hondata would be good for me
what program can i get to tune it myself by my laptop? im new to that stuff!

sorry for the late reply been real busy:TD:

·
Registered
90 CRX Mini-Me Turbo
464 Posts
ok, first of all... say NO to the block guard..... trust me!

if your're going w/ good rods and pistons, they come pre balanced from factory w/in 1gram.... so u dont need to balance the motor...

if you're going w/ stock flywheel... have the machine shop turn down that useless 4lb ring on the backside and that will get ya down to a 14lb flywheel.... but HAVE THAT BALANCED afterwards.

i would go w/ eagle or TT rods...

the 48/60 will not propell that lil monster to 400 hp... you'll overspin it (1psi= about 9-10HP).... if u want those #'s look twards a sc61, but ur gonna need a B-series to back it up. just be happy w/ 300hp on that 48/60... thats what 22psi will give ya.

www.pgmfi.org is your friend when it comes to DIY tuning.... but be forewarned.... use the search function, or you'll get flamed for silly shit.... there's alot of technobabble on there.

ohh yea, also... go w/ a a6 block w/ a z6 head... if u get 8.8:1 pistons the mini-me combo will put ya back to about 9.5:1 C/R

hope this helps!
Dr. Mike

·
Registered
91 crx HF/67 jeepcj5
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
eagle rods ok i will
will a mitsubishi tdo5h push it to 400 hp? i think it 14b first gen eclispe
i have to stick to the d15b (it a jdm non vtec d15b also known as d15b2)block cause of finding a good core around here is like pulling teeth haha plus i wanna be different around here.

·
Registered
90 CRX Mini-Me Turbo
464 Posts
i've eaten (4) 14b's in my past.... it's nice there cheap, but it gets annoying when u have to keep changing them out......

the 14b's are only efficient to 17psi... and i dont recommend going over that!

·
Registered
91 crx HF/67 jeepcj5
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
can you tell me what posting the block is plz?

what about a volvo turbo off a 2.3 liter?
740 turbo?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts