Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible? If so what all do I need to do to the engine? I don't want anything crazy. I already have a T-3 turbo and an intercooler. I was thinking somewhere around 8-10psi.

·
Registered
430 Posts
brokecrx said:
Is it possible? If so what all do I need to do to the engine? I don't want anything crazy. I already have a T-3 turbo and an intercooler. I was thinking somewhere around 8-10psi.
i just blew mine up yesterday runing 10psi and the stock rods just snapped it lasted for 8 monthes that way though
i would just go to a d16 and save yourself some hassle or jsut keep it around 5 psi with the d15

·
Registered
430 Posts
brokecrx said:
can i put new rods and pistons and be alright
there is a very limited number of parts for the d15b rods are like 600 bucks alone.
if you go to a d16 you can get rods and pistons for about that much and there are so many other parts for it than the d15b

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you can get a d16 botton from the junkyard for about $200 and it will take up to 14 lbs if properly tuned witha standalone system and proper fueling. else 10lbs is fine on it.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im building a turbo d15b right now. i have all teh parts ordered just waiting on a few small things. My setup looks like this.

T3 garret .48ar
Tyrus FMIC
hf mani / adaptor
dsm injectors
dsm bov
safc hack
SS oil lines
2.5" DP
2.5" cat
2.5" catback

Aiming to boost around 8psi. Trying to make this one last, but if for some odd reaso itdont it will get replaced with a d16a6

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a turbo d15b. Greddy kit, front mount, blue box 7psi.

I have rc 440s and hondata s100b waiting to be put on and i will run 10psi.

With propper tuning it will last a while.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could you turbo a y8 head with the high compression ratio without blowing something?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
high compression and turbo's dont like each other.
For FI the 92-95 Z6 head is better

1 - 10 of 10 Posts