Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I raced my buddy's turbo dodge yet again because he's hoping to beat me. He added some more toys but the result was still the same. He was running a 2.2 motor, super 70 turbo, alky kit, and 25psi. I ran d16z6/y7 with 110 octane and 15psi. I beat him by 6 or 7 cars. It was pretty cool. I have it on video so as soon as i get it on the computer i will post it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I made 208hp 183tq on a mustang dyno. The dodge isn't that slow, he launched the car way too hard and was doing a 50ft burnout before he actually was able to get the car to hook up. The guy who flagged the race said i spun a little then the car just hooked and was gone. We did this on the street, when we do it at the track we'll both have slicks but i still expect to beat him by 4-5 cars at the track. Even from a roll I pull on him instantly and continue to pull away.

·
Registered
99 4 dr
740 Posts
nice.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's all about power to weight ratio. He figured that in order to be as fast as me he would need about 280hp to keep up and he figures he's around 230-240ish. He's dynoing the car on the 18th of Aug. He should get some decent numbers and i wouldn't be surprise of he pulls close to 300tq. Not to mention i pretty much drive around town with a stripped hatch. I go racing enough that i don't want to put the interior in and out, it gets annoying. Advantage me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts