Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
xspower is owned by ssautocrhome, isn't it? personally, i would not trust that kit.

·
Registered
Del sol
1,453 Posts
get if you want, do it for ur self not others
but you need an intercooler, connectors, a reducer to go from the small turbo exit to the charge pipe, piping (be sure the charge pipe to IM has BOV flange so u dont have to custom fab.), dsm 450's work nice, fuel mangagement uberdata/honda., check valve (so u dont throw check lights), and a air filter for the turbo,

read the turbo sticky so ur familiar with the install and kno wat ur getting into, i hate seeing custom turbo kits improperly installed on the road :tear:

pistons arent needed imediately + are alot of work,
BTW tuning is ur friend & if u want 2 see it installed on a daily see my VB

O

·
0 Posts
by the time you get thata nd all the extras, you might as well have gotten a greddy kit.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Some of the xs t3/t4 turbos say they have garret internals,and can be gotten for 250.00 or less. Im going to try the larger 50.50 or 50.60 to4e they have that claim it can do 25psi and support 530whp, I also have 2 other garet/air research but they are smaller 42/48 and can only do like 15psi effeciently. You definatly want to go with a log or someother type of manifold for reliablility. I would make a kit for my drag car out of there kit becouse it comes down to like 150 turbo 150 header and 100 bov. Also if you read the 1st post with the pics of the busted up ssauto mani, you can also read it broke becouse he had a ricer 3" drop, probably no FLEX_Pipe and botomed out on the exaust breaking the manifold.Also another reason i was thinking these manfolds crack is becouse turbo NOOBS put these on there car becouse the kit is so cheap, and dont do anything for fuel managment. The guy said he was running 10psi , with no fuel managent. That was probably causing very lean conditions with very high exaughst gas temp.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Dont get it, ssautochrome is garbage in my opion, turbos are crap and once in awhile they screw someone on ebay, it takes forever to get the kit, if you ever get it, just get a greddy kit, trust me.

·
Registered
152 Posts
crap

SSauto=crap

If you are looking for a quality starting turbo kit, the greddy is a nice piece. You will still need an intercooler, injectors and a chipped ecu tuned is your best bet.

·
Registered
951 Posts
The greddy kit is the nicest for 8psi ish. I can get one for 1000.00 but its probably the older one without the e-manage and injectors or intercooler.

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
DontSaveHer said:
Also if you read the 1st post with the pics of the busted up ssauto mani, you can also read it broke becouse he had a ricer 3" drop, probably no FLEX_Pipe and botomed out on the exaust breaking the manifold.Also another reason i was thinking these manfolds crack is becouse turbo NOOBS put these on there car becouse the kit is so cheap, and dont do anything for fuel managment. The guy said he was running 10psi , with no fuel managent. That was probably causing very lean conditions with very high exaughst gas temp.
who was this?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts