Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I plan on purchasing a 93ish civic hatch (best body style) once I move. I used to hate civics because most I see are riced out with a fart can and cold air intake and think they are fast. Looking through these forums I see all the turbo civic and i'm def starting to like them. I am coming from a close to 550 AWHP 1990 eclipse gsx. My goal for the civic would be D series engine with 400-500 WHP, then convert to AWD later down the road. My questions for turboing a D series civic are as follows. Price range is about 6-8k for car and turbo kit. I also plan on doing the vitara/eagle combo before trying to get that kind of power.

1. GO-AUTOWORKS Turbo Kits Honda Civic Acura Integra D16 B16 B18 On these turbo kits the HP per each turbo is max HP or wheel HP, each company uses different ratings.

2. On the same turbo kits, is it worth upgrading to the Ram style mani for my HP goals?

3. What size injectors would be good for 400-500 WHP, was running 1050CCs in my eclipse but don't know if they translate to the same with different motors.

4. Would it be better to piece together a kit or just buy a complete set like the ones posted.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Awd is a lot of work and imo isn't really worth it in the end.

The go autowork kit would be a good route to take.
As for injectors it doesn't matter what the car is they work about the same. It's fuel psi and fuel type that changes how much power they can make.
So for that Google injector calculator and input the information and it will give you the estimate injector size needed.
And for that power level I would go to a ram design vs a cast manifold.

·
Registered
822 Posts
sweet! 6-8k for the car and turbo "kit" that will be stellar!

Looks out the window at his hatch and thinks ...

the only way I would put 6k into a civic would be in a briefcase in the back seat....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha if I can keep it under 6k to meet my whp goals ill be happy and so will my wife. But I know how budgets go. My eclipse started as a 2k car and I ended up dropping close to 15k into it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
good luck on your build, I'm over 6k on my build and its not even in my car yet. I bought the pro kit from goautoworks 7 weeks ago and still waiting for it to come in. still have a big list to buy, but block, trans, and head are all complete. block, head, and trans were roughly over 4k. That includes machine work, and i didn't build my or install the LSD in my trans myself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well my plan is to buy a running car and a spare block to build on the side. That way I can teach my wife how to drive a manual. Didn't dare teach her on my eclipse hehe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts