Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my build is using a TDO5H I'm just about 100% sure on that one..
It also has two bungs that run coolant into the turbo to help cool it along with an oil feed/return line.

So question is.. where would one go and tap in to get coolant? and I suppose tap in again to have a coolant return line?

Aswell as any suggestions for tapping the oil pan for the oil return line..
(I'm using a oil filter sandwich adapter dealio for the feed line/gauges so that's covered I just need a fitting for that.)

Thanks so much in advance.. I'd post pictures.. buuut unfortunetly car is at the shop.. where me and my camera are not.. try to get some tommorow.. thanks!!!

·
Banned
eh hatch
598 Posts
tap high in the pan so the oil return drain line remains empty
and between two pan bolts so you can get a socket on them still

if you want to do the water buy a tuner toys water block adapter
for the return you could buy a hasport k20 adapter.
they sell them for d.series size hose.
they are made to add the oem water temp sensor for the k20...but that can be plugged.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
just oil cool it...it will be fine...
That's how I'm running mine haha.

The other guy's suggestion works too.

I'm using a td05h myself, I just cut part of the stock drain elbow off and welded another part of it to the pan and put a rubber hose inbetween them with some clamps. seems to work like a champ

(pay no mind to the other junk on my pan... the plugged bung was where I put my t3 drain too low, live and learn)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think that i'm going to use the coolant line going into the throttle body, then returning it there...

as for the oil return its going into the oil pan.. and the oil feed i'm thinking the sandwich adaptor plate.. thing is that the oil feed line is a female fitting, and the sandwich adaptor plate is the same deal, both different thread pitches, so i'm not sure get a special adaptor with two different male thread pitches, or tap in somewhere else..

oh, and whats the oil pan made of?

·
Registered
Del sol
1,453 Posts
oil pan -> Aluminum
Sandwich adapter ftw, personally i had no luck trying to weld the SOB

the TB route is good, another option if you change your mind is to use the TT coolant fitting with the setup. IIRC they have pics of the setup on their web site

·
Banned
eh hatch
598 Posts
there is also right on the front of every block a water port
big nut
should be pretty level with most turbo setups
and from what i know...the water temps around the lower sleeves isn't all that hot.
well at least compared to the head

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
i never ran water lines to any of my turbos, and i never will bother doing it, its just not required.

·
Registered
93 Civic EX
746 Posts
i never ran water lines to any of my turbos, and i never will bother doing it, its just not required.
I am running it on my GT2871R.

one fitting is using the upper radiator hose using the tuner toys adapter and the other is T'eed off the water transfer tube (big pipe between water pump and thermostat) You can see the first line (blue n red in the front but the one in the back..i don't have pics for.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmm well today i drilled out the oil pan.. will be brazing the oil return line fitting tommorow.. should have the sandwich adaptor plate up and running tommorow too.. intercooler and piping is also mocked up.. bumper fits with some cutting.. dumb eg sedan

install gauges, hook everything up.. put in ecu and i'm running!

·
Registered
94 civic si
613 Posts
if your turbo has them, run them. i mean if it keeps my turbo cooler, why not?

i run my coolant lines off of the heater core lines.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how did you tap into the heater core lines?

any pics?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just eliminated the heater core line off the distributor side of the head. Went from the head to turbo then turbo to heater core and heat still works fine. About 6 feet of hose at 1$ a foot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts