Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup, i was lookin on Ebay an there's Vitara G16 Low Compression Pistons it got all the shit you need for a turbo conversion...is $199.99 to $240.00 is that a good deal ?
Kits Includes
75mm Low compression Pistons
NPR Nitrite Rings or Hastings Chrome Rings
Full Floating Pins and Pin Locks
ACL Rod Bearings
Three Layers Metal head Gasket
Complete Gasket kit
Pistons are made by Y.C.P.

but no rods....

they said the Pistons can Hold up to 18-20psi of boost

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much boost can a stock d15b ,can it take like 5-10psi Ez? if i put h rods with stock Pistons(with new rings and all) could i up the boost?

the stock Compression is like 9.6.1 or would it be better to with the vitara pistons with 8.5.1 Compression then up the Boost? i plan on doin oversize valves job with the skunk 2 set up. i wanna see of i can get around the 260 to 290hp mark or better. oh ya what size turbo should i run to reach that mark?? i like the 1.5, i dont really want to put Oversize Pistons in.....

·
Registered
Honda Civic
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i was lookin at TunerToys H-Beam Connecting Rods there Price: $249.00 and
Turbo Superkit for Honda civic with D16Z6 Engine:

-YCP Vitara pistons (75mm / 75.5mm / 76mm)
-Wrist pins and C clips
-Piston rings (Hastings or NPR)
-Timing Belt
-Water Pump
-ACL Rod Bearings
-ACL Main Bearings
-ACL or King Thrust washers
-Full engine Gasket & Seals set--> Its all the gaskets and seals you will need for your engine from the oil pan and up to the head.Metal 3 layer Head gasket (approx .030 thickness)for $300 at fjdistributors.com but that size turbo should i run ?

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Get the custom kit from FJT for the Vitara purpose-built I-beams (good for 400hp!) and Vitara pistons. We all trust him, as should you.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
GT35R would be a bit big for under 300HP. A straight T3 "Super 60" will make 300HP or a GT2860RS or even a GT2871R would be enough. All 3 of those would spool better than a GT35anythingR.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
450 should be the minimum, 550's to be safe.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
wait are you using a d16z6 or you d15?

·
Registered
544 Posts
his sig says D15b Vtec so its madd jdm yo!haha

But yea just go with the FJT's super kit and his I-Beem Rods and be set for 400whp and not have a ungodly low compression ratio (7.8:1 or something if i remember correctly, and into the 8's with I beems)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts