Hx35 vs Go-Auto's S256 small cover....

Both are in the 500 peak HP range..

HX35- From a fellow D16er on Craigslist
7blade
$500obo
Vband hotside .63ar
needs to have internal wastegate hole welded shut
Basically a GT35r right?
was rebuilt, has not been used since rebuild (he says)
Mishimoto emusa Tail HX35 MSD

S256- As part of the Pro-Kit on sale.. cept i dont need an intercooler, WG or BOV.. total price on that has yet to be determined..
Greg says it spools faster than the GT35.
has .55ar hotside
is brand new..
don't know what it costs..

eh?

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I like the idea of the bep. Hx35 is close but not a 35r. Spool time should be similar. Compressor wheel has a slightly smaller induced but not by much. Fnd a holset for cheaper or go bep. Imo

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Holset.....just because. Sounds overpriced a little though. I'd try and get him down to $400.

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
fuck a holset, id never run one again unless it was free.

after seeing how much better a t3/t4 or even better a billet t3/t4 is, id never waste my time again on a holset.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1100 for the BEP..

2660 for the BEP, Ramhorn, 3inch down pipe with closed loop waste gate, and charge piping.

is the $600-$700 difference between turbos going to make the difference between a bad ass hatch and a fucking monster?

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
well ive personally owned a holset build, and also a 6262 build. the 6262 spools faster and makes way more power per PSI.

and ive tuned my friends t3/t4 50 trim build, which spools faster and makes more power than my holset ever did.

its very rarely that cheaping out will be in your best interest.

·
Registered
431 Posts
gt3076 all the way its a bad ass turbo, I wish I had the room in my engine bay!!!! but still love my 50trim garrett bb

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
hahah. nice. only poeple who were on HMT back when it was HMT will know not to buy from him. man oh man
I was on ohmt since before it was ever a forum and Abaz him self had blown up his first D15, this was way before even gettodyne which I ran on a turbo setup way back then.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts